Chapter 11: Movie Night

-

Warnings: Nightmares, blood/gore, panic attack, death/dead bodies, and other sensitive themes.

-
Sorry for the delay in a new chapter. I have so many ideas, but don't know how to lay them out.

Note: If you find any spelling/ grammar errors, let me know so I can fix them!

-

—————————

(3rd POV)

Harumi and Lloyd anxiously wait, staring at the boring, white ceiling.
Nova sits on the couch; rocking Jack gently back and forth. She looks over at Lloyd and Harumi, trying to gather her thoughts together.
"What's going to happen? -I mean, we don't know but.. what do you think is going to happen?" Nova rambles.

"We won't know until it happens. Just take a breath. We'll be perfectly fine." Lloyd reassured.
Harumi gave Lloyd a side eye.
"One thing is for sure- we'll probably turn into ravenous zombies and devour everything in our path."
"What?!" Nova said, frightened.
"Hey, Nova it's okay. She's just trying to psyche you out," Lloyd said with a calming tone to his voice, "How about we watch a movie? The internet could be out, but I'm sure Rumi has VCR's!"

"Actually I do," Harumi intervened, "What should we watch? Horror? Comedy?"
"How about a romcom?!" Nova said delightfully with an ecstatic look on her face.
"Ewww! No! We should watch a horror movie! Unless you and Lloyd are too scared?" Harumi said amusingly.

"Hey- I'm not scared!" Lloyd defended.
"Whatever- Nova, what's your favorite scary movie?" Harumi said.
"I'm not really into scary movies." Nova said shyly.

"Bruh, if you had to pick one; what would it be?"

"Hmmm... maybe- uh.. the original Scream?" Nova rambled, "I watched it a couple years ago. I stole it from the person who owned the foster care."
"Huh, smooth." Lloyd said, "You know what?- Harumi- you're just going to scare Nova into oblivion even more than she already is. Why not watch a happy movie- like.. uhm- CocoMelon!"

"Yeah! I know!- Jack would love that! Because he's a baby!" Harumi said, "I mean, you are too- so that fits well."

Nova interrupts the banter, "Guys, guys! I have an idea!"
"What?" Harumi and Lloyd say at the exact same time.
"Let's watch the first Avengers!" She said excitedly.
"How is that a happy movie?" Harumi asked, "It's literally depressing."

"Nah you got it all wrong Rumi," Lloyd said, "It's the best movie in history!"
"Wait.. I thought you were a DC fan? You told me that you and Kai binged all the Christian Bale Batman movies!" Harumi countered.
"We did! I can like both of them!- and in my opinion I like the new film, The Batman, starring Robert Pattinson- aka. Edward Cullen/ Cedric Diggory!"
"Gosh, you're a nerd." Nova joked, giving Lloyd a playful shove.
"I'm more of a nerd for the Starfarer Comics! They're wayyyy better than the movies!" He said happily, giving Nova another playful shove in return.

"Can we just pick a movie already!?" Harumi cried out.
"I think it's already settled!" Lloyd said.
"Yeah!" Nova agreed.
"What?-"
"We're going to watch The Batman!- like the newest one!" Lloyd answered.
"Wait, what?" Harumi and Nova said at the exact same time.
"Do they even have it on VCR? Whatever- the old Batman movies will have to do." Lloyd said to himself as he opened the cabinet below the TV, "Oh my First Spinjitzu Master!! You do have DVD's! This opens the table for more movies!"

"I probably have the new Batman somewhere in there." Harumi said, rolling her eyes at the fanboying Lloyd.
"Yes! I found it!" He said as he inserted the CD into the DVD player, "I'm so excited to watch this again."