intro

 The ninja have regained their powers after the events of crystallized in this book.

—-

Lloyd layed silently in his bed; his pondering green eyes looking up at the roof of the Monastery. Ever since the events of the Crystal King, he has felt empty; lacking emotion.
Currently, everyone within a 30 mile radius of Ninjago City is surrounded by a blizzard, making it hard to do any activities outdoors.

Finally gathering enough motivation to stand up, Lloyd opens his curtain to see how bad it is. The whole window is blurred out with snow.
Guess no training for today.

Hungry for breakfast, he decides to head down the hall to the kitchen.
Suddenly, he hears a loud bang.
Quite startled for a ninja, Lloyd grabs his sword [that's stuck in a nearby potted plant] and pulls door open- just to see Kai, on the floor, with a bunch of pots.

"It's surprising to see you in the kitchen trying to cook something for once." Lloyd teased as he discarded his sword back into the potted plant.

"Hey! It's not my fault that I'm hungry- and that Zane is out of commission." Kai defended.

"What's wrong with Zane?"

"The storm is making him glitch. He keeps turning on and offline. Jay and Nya are down in the bay trying to fix him right now." Kai responded.

Lloyd hummed in response.

"Anyways," Kai said, "How are you and the princess? Are you two dating yet?"

"Come on. You know it's not like that anymore. I forgive her- sort of- for what she has done, but the feeling is mutual and—"

"—however, you're avoiding her, so that must mean there's something going on." Kai interrupts.

"Just because I'm avoiding talking to her, doesn't mean I love her, Kai." Lloyd exclaimed.

"Suit yourself." Kai said as he started picking up the fallen pots.

Lloyd walked down the hallway swiftly, head down; his path set on his bedroom only to run head-on into Harumi.

"Whoops," Harumi said as she got up. She looked at Lloyd with a confused glare.

"Uh- sorry. I was just going to- uh- get a shovel, you know, for the snow." Lloyd stuttered.

"There's like 500 trillion feet of snow outside, but okay.." She replied bluntly.

Lloyd walked away quickly down the dark hall and back towards his room.
With a sigh he dropped back down on his bed to continue his thoughts that interrupted by his hunger.
He obviously forgot to grab food because he came back empty handed.

The lights start flickering.
Lloyd looks up at the bulbs that are flashing quickly.
A rumble makes its way through the crust of the earth and the hill that the Monastery lays on, trembles.

A loud crash can be heard before everything goes black.