Chapter 30

Lalisa Manoban

"DAMN IT! WHY IT IS SO HARD FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO ME AND TO STOP CONCLUDING THINGS?! I FUCKING REJECTED HIM FOR YOU! YOU DUMBASS, STOP IGNORING ME!"

"Y-you, what?"

She grabbed me by my hand and dragged me to her office.

"Will you please repeat what you said back there?"

She locked the door of her office. Her eyes that were pleading and soft earlier are now back to being deadly.

"So now you want to listen to me, huh?" She crossed her arms below her chest

"I was hurt." I admitted "After I sang my heart out for you, I will see you hugging someone else. What would you expect me to react?"

"Maybe be mature enough and listen to my side." She mockingly said

"So it is my fault now?" I challenged

"Don't give me that attitude, Manoban."

"Ms. Kim if we're just going to argue, I better get go-"

"Fine, this is the first and last time I'm going to repeat myself, I rejected Taehyung." She stepped closer to me

"H-how long he' been courting you?"

"For long as I can remember." She said

"But you rejected him." I murmured "Isn't that unfair for him?"

She smiled sadly at me "That's why I can't promise you that will be the last time you'll see him, he didn't accept my rejection."

I nodded, placing my hand to her face "I'm sorry for avoiding you, I'm sorry for concluding things again."

She held my hand on her face "I understand, next time listen to me first. Ella misses you."

"How about you?"

"I do."

That made me smile and my heart flutter.

"I'm glad, you have no idea how many times I refrained myself from talking to you." I kissed her forehead "Would you mind if I ask how you met Taehyung?"

"I won't mind, come over to my house tonight, I'll tell you."

"Sleepover?"

"Only if you want to."

~~

"Let me guess, your assumption was wrong, right?" Jungkook asked

"Not really, the guy was his suitor."

We are now in the library, it's our free time before our last class.

"Was?" Kai whispered

"Yeah, she rejected him but he didn't accept Ms. Kim's rejection. Now, go back to your laptops, Ms. Park is not giving a remedial quiz."

They groaned silently. We better not disturb the other students, the librarian is quite strict and might kick us out.

"Lis, I don't get this." Jungkook pointed at his screen

"You first need to finalize your live loads." I quitely answered his question

"I see, thank you."

"How about this one, Lis?" Kai asked me this time

I sometimes ask myself if they are really listening to the discussion.

After we reviewed, rather, after I reviewed them, we went straight to our last class. I bet these two dorks are nervous.

While we are on our way to our last class, I saw Taehyung walking to the direction of Ms. Kim's office, holding a bouquet of flowers. That left an unsettling feeling inside me, realizing I'm missing so much information about Ms. Kim; her favorite flower, color, food, etc.

"What's with the long face?"

Our quiz with Ms. Park just ended minutes ago, I had a hard time focusing since the sight of Taehyung going to Ms. Kim's office still bothers me. 

"Nothing. Do you have plans?"

I opened my locker to place my books inside.

"Nah, maybe we'll stay home. Why? Do want to get drank?" Jungkook answered and asked me

"No, Ms. Kim will kill me. I'm just making sure that you won't do stupid things without me." I teased

"Don't worry, we won't." Jungkook that made us all laugh

JRJKim
"Are you done with your last class?"

LaCallistaM
"Yes, my baby cutie pie. Why?"

JRJKim
"Come to my office now."

I was about to tuck my phone back to my pocket when I noticed these two are behind me, reading my conversation with Ms. Kim.

"Yah! Mind your own love life!" I yelled at them and quickly hid my phone

"Are you gonna make out now?" Kai wiggled his eyebrows

"Or more than that?" Jungkook added

"Run while you still can before I bury you six feet under the ground."

~~

"I saw your suitor."

She sipped her black coffee before answering "Yeah."

"And he brought you flowers."

"He did."

Ms. Kim and I decided to stay in her office before going to her house. She doesn't want to be seen with me leaving the university, not for her sake but for mine. We ordered our favorites from the cafe near Honorio.

"Where are the flowers?"

"I gave them to your sister, she loves them." She casually said before bringing the spoon of red velvet cake to her mouth

"Don't you like flowers?"

"Why? Will you also give me?" She rose her right eyebrow at me

"I don't even know your favorite flavor." I murmured "I don't know much things about you." I admitted

"White daisy. What else you want to know about?"

Is she serious?

"Are you gonna really answer all my questions?"

"If that makes you less act like a child."

"I wasn't." I denied

She rolled her eyes and said "Nice try. Hurry up, Ella is waiting for us."

And just like what she said, I quickly finished my food, making her wait is a big no-no.

~~

"Lisa will spend the night here?" The kid enthusiastically asked her sister

Ms. Kim wiped her mouth first before answering, "Yes, Ella but Lisa and I need to discuss something, you can't hangout with her tonight."

Ella pursed her lips "That's sad."

I set my spoon on the table and reached for the kid's hand "How about we push the our supposed vacation?"

"Really?" Her eyes glimmed "Jen, is that true?"

I shot a pleading smile to Ms. Kim. I know it was a sudden decision but I don't want to make the kid disappointed again.

"Yes, Ella. Now, focus on your food."

I mouthed 'Thank you' to Ms. Kim. She smiled at me. I will never get used to seeing her smiling at me.

~~

A short update. What's up, everyone?

-Justine