Chapter 27

Lalisa Manoban

When we arrived at the cemetery, all the flowers from the Manoban Family were still there giving me a bitter feeling. They never respected my mom when she was still alive and now that my mother is gone they will offer flowers like they really meant it.

"Hi, mom." I set the flowers next to the others "I'm with my favorite people, this is my ever so gorgeous professor, Ms. Kim and this is Ella, Ms. Kim's sister."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Manoban." Ms. Kim said like my mother is really here

"Hello, Lisa's mom." Ella said

Warm engulfed my heart. These sisters are the purest.

"And mom, Ms. Kim is your future daughter-in-law." I wiggled my eyebrows at Ms. Kim which she reciprocated with a glare

"Your daughter is delusional, Mrs. Manoban." Ms. Kim said

Ella and I laughed at Ms. Kim's antics.

"Let's sit?" I asked them then we all sat on the grass

"Lis, is it okay you tell about your mom?" Ella asked me that made smile genuinely

"My mom was the perfect mother. She was very supportive to us, I remember when I told her I want to attend special art class since I am so fascinated with arts then she enrolled me right away, when Baifern told her that she wanted to be a model then she enrolled Baifern to modeling class. She was just always there for us, from every dance recital, quiz bee, piano competition and even when Baifern joined the soccer team even though our father was against it." I paused to take a deep breath to prevent myself from crying "I miss her, I miss everything about her. The way she hugs me when I'm scared, the way she kisses my forehead before bed, and all the things she does just to care and protect us."

Ms. Kim reached for my hand and intertwined our fingers together, giving my hand a light squeeze "It must really painful for you now that she's gone."

"Painful is understatement, Ms. Kim." My tears finally fell "Ever since she was gone, I struggle in finding my happiness. I lost every passion I possessed. I gave my art studio to my sister Tzuyu, I hid all my cameras, I stopped playing piano, I stopped singing, I stopped dancing, everything around me stopped."

Ella scooted closer to me "I'm sorry, Lis." Then she hugged me "I wish we can do something to make you happy."

"Just being here with me today is enough, kid."

"Hey." Ms. Kim took my attention "Just like what I have said, you have us now." She brushed my tears using her thumb "Mrs. Manoban, I promise you that from now on, your daughter will not be alone anymore." She looked at me in the eyes "I want you to heal with us by your side."

~~

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for the night?"

"Yes, Ms. Kim. I need to go to Honorio early tomorrow, I need to check things before the festival starts. Don't miss me that much." I winked at her

"Stupid, I just want to make sure that you won't go drinking tonight."

"I won't. Just like what I have said, I have responsibilities tomorrow. Walk me outside?" I stood up from the couch and offered my hand to her which she gladly accepted "Your hands are the softest."

"That's why you like holding them." She remarked

"And because I can." I giggled, we stopped in front of my car "Thank you for this day, Ms. Kim, I really appreciate you and Ella."

She squeezed my hand again, I swear every time she squeezes my hand there is something beautiful feeling triggers inside my heart "Don't mention it, Ms. Manoban."