Chapter 4

Lisa Manoban

"Happy birthday, Tzuyu."

"Thank you, Lis. I'm so glad that you came." She hugged me "Everyone is waiting. Deb brought a friend." She pulled my hand

Everyone was already at the dining table. Having a conversation, they stopped when they sensed our presence. Baifern was also here but there is someone that I didn't expect would be here.

"Good evening, everyone. Nice to see you here, Professor Kim."

I saw annoyance in her eyes when I called her Professor Kim. My forehead creased when I saw Deb holding her hand on the table.

"Good evening, too, Ms. Manoban."

"My Lisa is here." Grandma stood up and engulfed me in an embrace "I missed you, darling."

I just smiled tightly at her after I pulled from the hug. Still not comfortable.

"Lisa, sit beside me." It was the vacant seat between Baifern and Tzuyu "Join us." Baifern said

"No, Fern. I'll go ahead now." I gave the gift I bought for my sister "For you, Tzuyu."

"Can you stay a little longer?" She pouted like a little kid "For me?"

"Let her, Tzuyu. No one is forcing her to stay." Grandpa said without looking at us

"Good evening, Senior Manoban, no one also wants to stay here." I sarcastically said, "I'm here for my little sister, I won't ruin this evening just because of you."

"Callista!" Mr. Manoban scolded me "Watch your mouth."

"Watch his mouth, too, Mr. Manoban. I don't want your guest to witness the drama of your family." I took a quick glance at my professor who is looking so confused about what is happening.

After what they did to my mom, you still have the gut to act up.

"Lisa, stay for your sister." My stepmother persuaded "She's been missing you."

"Lisa, please." Tzuyu held both of my hands "Let's go to my room, I have something to show you."

Our youngest dragged me upstairs to her bedroom. 

"You like it?" 

It was a painting portrait of us, Deb, Baifern, me, and Tzuyu. I think she got the reference from a photo of us taken by Tzuyu's mother during our Christmas celebration last year. I remember being forced in that photo. This sister of mine is really into arts like me, it's sad that I lost my passion for it.

"It's beautiful. You're really improving." I delicately touched the portrait 

"Thank you, Lis. Do you not notice anything from it?" She stood next to me "You weren't smiling in my photo reference but since I'm a great artist, I visualized your contagious smile and tada! We all look happy." 

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder "Thank you, Tzuyu." 

"I should be thanking you for giving me your art studio." She leaned her head on my shoulder "Thank you for making me love arts, Lis. You were the first person who believed in my potential and you are the only person who I will look up to." 

I kissed her forehead and said, "That's a lot of pressure, huh?" That made us both laugh "I will work on it, I will work on myself."

"You're doing great, Lis. Even if you fall short of the person you wanted to be, I will still be there to offer you a hand because I know you'll do the same." 

"I love you, my baby Tzuyu." I kissed her forehead again, feeling my tears threatening to fall 

"I love you, Lis. Thank you for showing up."