Chapter 9

Lisa Manoban

"Good morning, miss. I'm here for my internship."

"You must be Ms. Manoban." The middle-aged woman receptionist said "Engr. Kim is waiting for you."

Today is my first day of internship. My nervousness and excitement is currently battling inside my chest.

The nice woman gave me the direction to Engr. Kim's office. He is a he or she? Kai and Jungkook said I was lucky cause I'll be the CEO's intern.

"15th floor." The elevator automated voice said

"Come in." A faint familiar voice said after I knocked on the door

"That voice sounds familiar." I mumbled

"Good morning... Ms. Kim?" My eyes almost popped out of their socket when I saw my professor sitting on the CEO's chair "Y-you're. Engr. Kim?"

She's still wearing her stoic face. Damn. Why I didn't research this company?

"Follow me. Next time don't be late. I hate it." She took her Chanel bag from her desk and passed by me

"Fuck it." I whispered. I didn't waste any time and followed her.

Ms. Kim's car was already waiting for us in front of the building. Her driver opened the door of the backseat for her then he opened the passenger seat door for me.

I kept on stealing glances at my professor through the rearview mirror. She is busy on her phone, probably chatting with her girlfriend. Why do I get a bitter feeling about their thought being together?

"Shit." I was startled when my phone suddenly rang inside my bag, I hurriedly fetch it, and without checking the caller ID, I pressed the green button

"Lisa baby, are you busy? Why aren't you in school?"

I took quick glance at Ms. Kim. My heart almost jump out of my chest, she was throwing daggers at me.

"Somi, I'm at my internship. Bye." I ended the call without waiting for her response

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kim." I apologized, I don't want my first day of internship to be a disaster

"No unnecessary calls during your internship time, Ms. Manoban." She lectured

"I understand, Ms. Kim. I'm sorry."

She didn't say anything after that which was a relief cause I don't think I could come up with an excuse.

"Ms. Manoban, you explore around, I'll just talk to the client."

I nodded.

I didn't know that Ms. Kim actually do the site visit. I'm sure her company hired many engineers but it surprised me that she still does this work.

I greeted everyone I passed by. This project is a 50-floor condominium building. I must say that Ms. Kim's clients are big shots.

The building is almost done, I think within a few months it will finish.

"Do you want to go up, Ms.?" One of the workers offered which I immediately answered with a yes

He gave me a white hard hat for my safety from any fallen debris. Mr. Jeong is one of the foremen of this project. He toured me around, and I learned so much from him.

"What is that?" Ms. Kim asked, referring to the black notebook I was holding

"My notes. I took some notes from Mr. Jeong's tour." I smiled awkwardly