Chapter Twenty-One

When Willow and James arrived back in their apartment in New York, they both agreed to move his things into her room, since they wouldn't be sleeping apart from each other.

Willow currently sat at the kitchen island on her laptop, doing the much needed paperwork about being in Wakanda, along with asking SHIELD about getting a dog for James to help him continue adjusting to freedom.

"Anything I can help with?" James asked, coming to sit beside her.

"Well... if you're approved, you'll be needing to pick out your own dog, soon," she commented. Looking over at him with a grin. "What do you think about that?"

"I like the sound of that," he smiled at her. "Maybe a rescue? Not that I'm against a puppy but..."

"Maybe," Willow told him. "The dog will need to have special training to help you."

He nodded. "I know. I just think, saving another life in the process, might be a better idea for me?"

Willow smiled and added it into her email. "I will notify them of what you want. We'll find the right one for you, I'm sure of it."

James kissed her cheek. "I know we will."

"I have good news for you too," she added softly, turning to peck his lips.

"What's that?" he asked, raising a brow.

"Steve is flying in tonight," she smiled.

James grinned. "Yeah? I can't wait to see him."

"He's excited to see you too. Wishes he could have been in Wakanda."

"Work comes first, I get that. It'll still be nice to catch up again."

Willow nodded as she finished up her last email and sent it through before sitting back and looking at him. "He'll be off for a little while. So we'll have some time."

"Good. Maybe I can rope him into helping me with a project I have."

"A project?" Willow asked.

James nodded. "Just a little something I'm working on."

Willow nodded as she turned and shutdown her laptop. "Sounds like you two might find some trouble."

"Maybe a little," he chuckled.

"As long as I won't get a phone call about you two being lost or something, I don't mind," she teased.

"We're not that bad," he scoffed playfully. "Besides... You know you can't get rid of me that easily."

She giggled and leaned over to surprise him with a kiss to his lips. "I wouldn't want to."

James grabbed the back of her head, pulling her back in close and kissing her softly. Willow squeaked and laughed against his lips before sliding from her stool to stand closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, letting him pepper her face with kisses.

"I love you, Willow... So much. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Willow smiled, enjoying his embrace. "I love you too. You'd be fine without me," she told him. "But I'm glad you're right here."

There was a solid knock on the door. "I wonder who that could be?"

"I don't know," Willow shrugged.

James got up and went to the door. He opened it slowly, glancing around the edge before quickly pulling it wide.

"Hey, Buck," Steve greeted with a smile.

"Hey! I thought you weren't getting in until later?"

"I managed to get an earlier flight, thought I'd surprise you both."