Chapter Eleven

The snow was cleared within the city within a few days, and on SHIELD property a day sooner. Willow currently sat on the living room couch while Steve and James were down in the gym, which allowed her to check her emails. While clearing out all of the trash in her work email, her laptop dinged with a new message, which she quickly opened once she read the title.

From: Shuri

BARNES, B, JAMES - Session

Willow,

James has an upcoming session to work on clearing his mind that he cannot miss. I gave leniency because of the holidays in your country, but this is now unavoidable, so it does not set him back into old ways. If you would like to, you may witness what I do with him in his sessions. He will have a total of three while he is here with us, which will make your stay at almost two months.

On behalf of my brother, I would also like to extend the invitation of bringing in the New Year with us. We have a party, feast, and dance. It's a great time. I hope to hear back from you very soon.

- Shuri

"Shit." Willow sighed and looked down at her cell phone, sitting beside her on the couch. James wouldn't be overly thrilled to go back to Wakanda, but she knew a part of him wanted to do the sessions so he could be free from Hydra's words. She opened a new email, deciding not to text James for the moment, and opted to answer Shuri back to let her know that they would be there as soon as they could. As soon as she sent the email, she heard the door to the apartment open. "Welcome back boys."

Steve chuckled as he dropped his duffle by the door. "Thanks; have a productive afternoon?"

Willow looked up and smiled at Chris before she saw James had a busted lip, making her frown. "I did... Why is he hurt?"

"I'm fine," James assured, though he brought his hand to his lip and wiped off a little blood, making Willow sigh.

"Steve? Don't make me ask again," she told him.

Steve sighed. "I accidentally clipped him too hard, that's all. But if you want to fuss at anyone, fuss at him," he pointed. "He told me to hit harder."

Willow sighed and leaned back on the couch. "James, really?"

"I'm fine Will," James assured as he turned and walked down the hallway, towards the bathroom.

Steve rolled his eyes and walked over to the couch, sitting beside Willow. "I know that look Will, what's up?"

Willow huffed. "You know me too well."

"Spit it out, Willow. What's up?" Steve asked.

"I got an email from Shuri. We've been invited for the Wakandan New Year celebration," she answered.

"But?" Steve pushed.

"James has three sessions that he needs to do. We'll be there for a total of two months. Maybe longer," Willow said.

Steve's shoulders slumped. "I know it needs to happen for him to be free of the words... I just hate seeing him suffer to get to that point."

Willow nodded. "Shuri tries to make it as painless as possible. But the entire stay won't be about having them done, so he'll be able to relax."

"Are you guys talking about me?" James asked, walking into the living room to sit on the other side of Willow, instantly putting one arm around her shoulders.

"Nothing bad, Buck," Steve assured. "Willow's just heard from Shuri, that's all."

James nodded, feeling as if a sudden cloud formed over his head. "Oh. Time for a trip to Wakanda I assume?"