Chapter Seventeen

James and Willow were thankful that Shuri had decided to give a week until she would be doing James' next session. James was counting down the days in the back of his mind, but currently he was trying to focus on Willow as he watched her wading in the water. They'd decided to travel to an oasis within the wilderness of Wakanda where he was able to relax. His eyes traveled slowly up and down Willow's body, watching as she trailed her hand through the water, she stood in. She's so damn pretty. I can't believe she wants to be with me...

Anything that could take James's mind off of the next phase of his treatment, Willow was in favor of. Besides, who said no to going to a beautiful, secret oasis? She'd loved the water since she was a little girl. She'd learned to swim very early. The water just seemed to soothe her. She felt eyes on her and turned around, offering James a grin. "You comin' in or what?"

"I don't know," he answered. "I'm kind of enjoying this view. You look beautiful in that, by the way."

Her smile grew, blushing a little at his compliment. "Thank you," she replied. "Is there anything I can do to make the view even better?"

James shrugged. "I don't know. It's pretty amazing as it is."

Laughing softly in reply, Willow shook her head gently before she dove gracefully into the water in front of her. When she popped back up, she smoothed her hands over her wet hair. "How about now?"

He smiled before standing up and walking to the edge, wearing just a pair of gray trunks. "I'm tempted."

"Wow, wet me didn't tempt you enough?" she scoffed teasingly. "Why would you make me feel so badly about myself?"

James frowned. "I did? I didn't mean to."

"I was teasing, don't frown," she tried to assure him quickly. "You're so sweet. You don't want to hurt my feelings so badly."

"I don't want to hurt your feelings at all," he said softly. James walked out into the water until he had to swim to reach her.

As he reached her, Willow wrapped her arms around his shoulders and floated into him. "You didn't, babe. I promise."

He nodded before kissing her gently. "As long as you're sure. I don't know what I would do if I hurt you."

"I don't think you could if you tried," she replied, fingers gently tracing shapes on the back of his neck. "Relax, baby. That's what we're here to do."

James sighed and nodded before tilting her chin slightly with one hand then kissing her slowly. "Mmm... you still taste like your drink on the beach."

Willow smiled against his lips. "Sweet? Fruity?" she asked playfully.

"Like pineapple," he mused. "Maybe peach too."

"Can you taste the rum?" she asked with a gentle laugh, a faint flush on her chest.

James kissed her again, running his tongue along her lips. "Just barely," he murmured.

"Mmm... I think that means I need to drink a little more," she replied with laughter.

He laughed before kissing her again. "That's up to you, doll."

"Am I gonna be doing any driving or making decisions?" she asked flirtatiously.

"Mmm maybe some simple decisions," he answered before capturing her lips in a lingering heated kiss.

She wrapped her legs around his waist beneath the water to pull herself closer. "Hmm... could you give me an example?" she asked.

James chuckled before licking water droplets from the side of her neck. "Oh, I don't know if you could handle it."

She scoffed, mouth dropping open. "Excuse me? I can handle quite a bit, if you'll recall."