40| Birthday In Rutland

Landon's pov

Landon's pov

It's been exactly 3 weeks of us being in our new apartment. Today marks her 18th birthday. She was still asleep and though I know today might now excite her I thought I'd still make her happy. Today was not only her birthday but the day her book publishes in exactly 3 hours. That I know she's happy for.

I did my best and cooked her breakfast and plated it. As I was unwrapping her flowers to put on the tray, I heard her phone ring. It stopped ringing instantly so I knew she was awake. I couldn't hear the conversation but I waited until she called out to me. By the second time she called my name I walked into the room with the tray and a smile rose on her face. "I thought we said we wouldn't do anything." She said as I placed the tray next to her. "This is nothing, just breakfast." She sat up holding the blanket up to her chest and looked up to me with pouty lips.

"Jen says hi by the way." She said right before I placed a kiss on her lips and forehead. "How is she?" I asked as picked up the clothes that were around the bed and she ate. "Says we owe her a plane ticket and a big hug, however she's good." Before I could answer her phone rang again causing her to groan. "God I hate birthdays." She answered and put the phone on speaker as she continued to eat. Before we knew it we heard Valentina scream so loud at the top of her lungs. She looked at me as if this was nothing and Valentina started yelling "happy birthday.' She muted the phone and started laughing.

"Every year she's done this. It's a tradition that no one knows where she's got it from." She shrugged and unmuted it before putting it up to her ear. I looked up to her as she spoke to Valentina and loved every feature of her. Oh how amazing she was. I could stare at her forever like I would stare at the mood when I couldn't sleep.

My phone rang in my pocket interrupting me as I admired her. I stood up and walked into the bathroom before picking it up. "Mr. Kingsley? Hi, it's Arnoald." A grown man's voice said to me. "I know you were looking to get your art in a museum which I can still do but there's a wearhouse going into foreclosure. You can make your own museum." My heart dropped when I heard those words and I couldn't believe it.

"How big is it?" As soon as I asked, Chanel walked in. "How big is what?" She asked before brushing her teeth. "It's quite big actually. For less than 15 thousand which you could make back within a week of your work. I myself would love to have some wall art by you. You're very talented." It only took seconds for me to say yes. I couldn't wait for my drawings to be bigger and known as more than just my hobbie. "Yeah I'll stop by tomorrow morning to check it out."

"Check what out?" She asked after washing her face. "My own museum." I told her and I watched as her face lit up. "There's no way. I mean that's such a big opportunity, are you serious?" I shrugged with a big smile on my face. "Why not, it would be better wouldn't it. Maybe a lot of work but tomorrow we can figure it out."

"I'm so proud of you, look how far we've gotten. How far you've come." She cupped my face and pulled me down to her and kissed me. Before she could pull away I leaned down and grabbed her thighs, picking her up. "Coming from the one who has a book publishing in about two hours." She held onto the back of my neck and dipped backwards. "Just so happened but I'm not as cool as you." I laid her down on the bed and kissed her neck. I stood up and tapped her thigh before walking over to my dresser. "I didn't forget today was your birthday, you know?" I told her as I grabbed her gift.

"I was hoping you did, it's just any other day." I sat down by her feet and handed her a sketch pad. "Without today 18 years ago I wouldn't have met you so yes bunny I didn't forget." She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face and flipped through the sketch pad, her jaw dropping each time she flipped the page. "All of these things happened. Like we lived through these moments." This sketch pad was a new one. One filled of her and us with moments we experienced. From the moment we met to last night when she was out looking over our balcony.

"Even the fish." She pouted at the drawing of her feeding the fish. "They couldn't be left out now could they?" A lot of things were sentimental to her even if she didn't show it, I could tell. The small things mean most to her so I know spending lots of money on a gift would mean less than this gift here. "Can I frame this one?" She flipped it to face me showing the drawing of her laying in bed looking at me. The night of the party Travis threw for the first day of school. "I'll print a bigger one and frame it, anything you want." She leaned in and wrapped her arms around my waist, laying her head on my chest. "Happy birthday, Chanel." I looked down to her beautiful curly hair and ran my hand up her back. "Hey Landon?"

"Yes?" I replied. "Thank you for everything."