19| Evelyn Ivy

Chanel's POV

Chanel's POV

I had work in twenty minutes and instead of the revealing things I would wear, I was limited. I wore a long sleeve black bodysuit that had a long hole under my boob line and a hot pink mini skirt that matched my hot pink heels. I let my curls down and wore a big coat to cover myself, because it was pretty cold outside. My shift tonight blended into Valentina's and Landon's which I was happy about. Valentina had been spending a lot of her free time and nights at Travis's house so I didn't see her much anymore.

I grabbed my backpack and before I left I took two pills of LSD. I felt a bit guilty for the first time in a while but I still took them and left the house. I kept my head down and walked straight to the club. I walked in through the back door and immediately I bumped into Valentina. She ran to me and left me with a big hug. "So you've abandoned me for Travis, again?" I asked as we walked to the bar, making sure to speak loudly over the music. She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "I haven't abandoned you, me and Travis are trying to work some things out." Travis was very flirtatious while Valentina was very jealous. Everyone knows if he could he would sleep with me and all the other girls he hasn't slept with yet. Valentina keeps up with it because he promised her a wedding ring at the end of college.

Once we got to the bar I went behind it and Valentina took a seat. I put my backpack down and removed my coat. "When are you coming back home?" I asked her, before turning to Landon. "The end of next week, by the way can you go see ruby tomorrow please? Same order." Landon winked at me and I flashed him a smile as I poured myself a drink. He walked further down the bar to serve others as I brought my attention back to Valentina. "Yeah I have to talk to her actually." Valentina tilted her head and waited for me to explain. Valentina and Ruby always bumped heads but I never understood why. "About expanding her business outside friends and family, that's all." It was the truth but not the whole truth. I didn't know how to tell Valentina I was going to try and sober up. I don't want her to have high hopes then getting disappointed.

I put the drink down and looked around the club. It was getting later and a lot more packed, almost time for me to start working, and Valentina to get back to work. I was so deep in thought that I actually jumped when Landon grabbed my shoulders. He laughed and caused Valentina to smile. "You look good, bunny." He whispered to me. I turned to face and I was going to say something cocky but every thought in my head slipped out as I looked into his eyes. His smile faded as he looked down at me. His hands dropped from my shoulders down to my waist. He pulled me close and the music went silent between us. I hesitated but eventually I lifted my hand and touched his face. "Thank you." I mouthed to him. We were only inches away and I wanted nothing more than to hold onto him like I did earlier. But the sound of Valentina yelling at me, brought all the sound back.

I faced her as I clearned my throat and Landon left to serve others drinks. "Sorry for interrupting that really hot sex scene but do you remember that old cabin my parents had?" I ignored that first half and nodded. "I think I have the key back home." My arm was tingling under the bodysuit and bandages but I ignored it. "You should throw a party." I shrugged. "No I don't think I want to clean up the mess but you could join me and Travis." She shouted over the music. "What? To listen to the sex you guys will be having?" She slowly turned her head and looked at Landon before she looked back at me. I shook my head and laughed.