20| She Bleeds Flame

Chanel's POV

Chanel's POV

I felt lightheaded. The smell of chocolate filled my nose and made me almost nauseous. I batted my eyes open and was bombarded by bright white lights. Once my eyes adjusted I realized where I was, the hospital. I was alone, no one was here. My arm was bandaged and so was my head. I looked down to my arm and noticed I was connected to a drip. I was going to try and pull the needle out of me but my head spun as I sat up.

I decided this was my fate and laid back in bed. As I stayed still for a moment the events of last night came back to me. Evelyn may have been really cocky and opinionated but never violent. When I was young she would call my dad to kill the bugs. Not because she was afraid but because she didn't want to be mean. Yes she had thrown a few hits here and there but never like this. Never put me in the hospital.

The smell of chocolate got closer and heavier as well, it was horrible to my head. Before I knew it the door swung open. I sat up to see who it was and laid back down when I noticed it was Valentina and Landon. At this very moment I knew all they wanted from me were answers. "Oh Chanel your awake." Valentina screamed as she ran towards me. She hugged me but not as tough as she usually would. She sat down and so did Landon. They both were now changed out of their work clothes and Valentina's hair was curled. Landon brought his sketch pad.

"Cee you want to talk about what happened?" Valentina was always so careful with me, like I'd break with any touch. I understand why, I was always pretty functional when I was high off anything. You'd have to look closely to see I was an addict. My arms were really skinny, and if my eyes were not low they were shut. Sometimes I'll even get so pulled out of my mind, I will look lost in thought for hours. I sat up and sighed, turning to Valentina. "I came home and she was upset and wanted something to drink. I said no and that only made things worse." That's all I said to keep things simple. "I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back home."

I looked down at my arm and noticed which arm and I immediately knew why it was bandaged. Before I could fill myself up with guilt, Landon who hadn't said anything since he got here finally spoke. "You're not going back?" We both looked at him confused. "If she's putting her hands on you, why would you go back? Either Valentina goes back home or you're not staying there." Valentina sat up and looked at me in agreement to what he said. "No, Vee is happy where she is even if I want her home. I won't drag her out to come be my bodyguard." I chuckled but he only flashed me a look of anger. "You're not going back." He said simply as he opened his pad and pulled a pencil from behind his ear.

"You could stay with me and Travis for a while." I laughed and laid back down. "No offense but I'll take my chances with Evelyn before I live with him. I'd rather stay with Ruby." I told her. "You can stay with me." He looked up from his drawing for a moment then back down. "You're always welcome at the Green Oak Residence." I saw a small smile lift his cheeks. Valentina then gave me the same look. "And I'll go back home to pack you a few bags." He looked back up at me then his drawing again.

Before I could answer someone knocked on the door and walked in. When the doctor came to my bedside Valentina stood up and walked to the door. "I'll go pack you some bags." She smiled and left. "Hello Ms. Ivy I'll be your doctor for today. Dr. Mancini." She checked my drip then took a step back and slid her hands into the pockets of her coat. "Thankfully you have no real injury, the cut on your head only needed seven stitches. However you're very lucky you came in when you did because that cut on your arm was really deep and close to infection. That alone needed 9 stitches." The guilt I was avoiding flooded me knowing Landon sat next to me, most likely knowing how I got that cut. I've never cut deep enough to need stitches and was now not surprised how uncomfortable I was and why the bleeding never really stopped.

"Do you have parents that can come in and give me insurance for you?" I closed my eyes and repeated back to her my dad's insurance card. "And no, my parents are busy." I smiled at her and she nodded before walking out. I took a deep breath and turned on my side, facing away from Landon. I heard him shift then eventually felt the bed dip behind me and his warm hand laid on my leg. "None of this was your fault, you know that?" His voice was soft with me no matter how deep it was, he never raised his voice beyond a certain level with me.

I sat back up and hugged him. I hugged him tight. I moved my arms up and down his back as I laid my face against his. When I pulled away, I slowly moved my face back, our nose slightly touching. I looked down to his pretty soft lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. He moved his face closer brushing our lips together but pulled away before a kiss could happen. I shuddered, and wanted more. His hand found my face and his thumb followed the shape of my jawline. His green eyes followed mine and never looked away. He pecked my lips but this time I didn't let him pull away.

I moved my hand up his neck, my fingers draped by his black hair. I shut my eyes and didn't open them. I pressed my lips to his and we opened our mouths to each other. His hands fell to my thigh and squeezed, feeling all he could on my body. "I don't want to hurt you." He said as his tongue felt mine. "It count's Landon, it all counts." His other hand found the back of my head and he dipped me down on the bed. Our lips never parted as he pulled my tongue between his lips. I tightened my grip on his hair and let out a breath I've been holding. He did the same before our lips met again. I tilted my head to the side, hoping to get more but we were only pulled apart by the sound of a knock.

My eyes had to readjust to the lights as he quickly sat back in his seat. "Your insurance went through and you are allowed to leave tomorrow morning. Are you in any pain? I can up your dosage of fentanyl." I looked at Landon but he was already looking at me, staring. "I'm fine thank you." A small smile formed on his lips. The only reason I denied more drugs was because I felt nothing at that moment. Nothing, not pain, not joy. I felt neutral, I couldn't believe I said that. I couldn't believe I admitted out loud. Some part of him thought I denied it because I agreed to go sober, when in reality I plan on taking so much drugs in these next weeks that I'll be able to feel it for a month.

 Some part of him thought I denied it because I agreed to go sober, when in reality I plan on taking so much drugs in these next weeks that I'll be able to feel it for a month