7| See you soon

The feeling of "butterflies in my stomach" was meant to be used when you're in love or falling in love, and can feel it

The feeling of "butterflies in my stomach" was meant to be used when you're in love or falling in love, and can feel it. It's supposed to feel good and peaceful. But I fucking hated this shit, I was uncomfortable in this random person's hands. I gathered my balance, and quickly got out of his grasp. Once I realized who caught me, I was surprised. "Landon, right?" I asked with a nervous smile. He did his best to reply calmly but his natural voice was so deep, if you weren't paying attention you'd think he's spiteful.

"And you're the girl from behind the strip club." He said, as he leaned forward and dusted off my pants. "Yup, that's me. I prefer to go by Chanel though." I said watching as he stood back up. He gave me a pretty smile and asked if I was ok, and did his best to check up on me. I told him I was alright, and before I got caught up in it I made my way out. He said he should be on his way as well as he followed me out of the underground station. After a while I noticed he was going the same way as me just on the opposite side of the road.

"Are you following me?" I asked as I watched him place his hands into his pockets. "I should ask you." He didn't even look over to me. "Nope, I'm going home." He said. "So am I." he said quickly after me. "Where do you live?" I questioned innocently. "Wanna stalk me?" A small chuckle came after he ended his sentence. "I wouldn't dream of it." He laughed. "3 blocks up." He explained, causing me to look over to him. "The Green Oak residence, I live a block away from it. Are you the new owner?" His eyes locked with mine, as we continued walking.

"Yeah I moved in almost 3 years ago, I heard the old owners were murdered." He was almost amused. "They were but their case was never solved. I personally think they killed themselves." I said, keeping my eyes on his. "Why?" He raised an eyebrow. "They never had any family or friends and never left the house unless it was for groceries. They would always have police at their doors because of the fights they would have. The Patterson's didn't live a happy life." It was almost creepy. "Maybe I'll investigate and get back to you on that." He told me. "Please do." I said as he made his way over to me. I didn't mind, his presence was bright and fun to be around so far.

There was silence before I picked up another conversation. "Did you get the Job?" I looked down at our in sync footwork. "I did. I start tomorrow morning." I smiled. "I'll see you at work then?" I asked, looking up to him. "You will." He said before silence spread across us. The silence isn't awkward nor comfortable, it was just there. I began getting lost while paying attention to our in sync steps, once a question quickly came to mind and before I was able to process, it came out of my mouth.

"How old are you? If I may ask." My head jolted up to look at him again. "17, I'm a senior." He said, looking down at me. "Really you could pass off as 22." I was truly surprised with his answer and I'm not sure if I believe him. "How do you think I get my liquor?" He smiled. He didn't have a hot smile or a cute one, he had a pretty one. He was pretty. "Smartass." I told him laughing. "How old are you?" "17, I'm a senior." I copied him.

Where are you going to school?" I asked him. He paused looking me in my eyes before I got a response. "I'm a transfer student from Englewood, New Jersey to Bronx Haven High School. I've been doing it online ever since I moved down here." Englewood was the second richest school out there. "Holy shit. Private school to the worst school in the Bronx. I've been going to that school since freshman year."

He was surprised and slowed down his walking. "That means I'll be seeing you next week as well." This universe is funny sometimes like this. "You will. But this is my stop, I'll see you at work." He didn't stop and just kept walking, but backwards. He waved before turning around and heading up the hill. When I got home, I found Valentina with such a great smile on her face it made me smile. I jumped into bed next to her and placed my head on her shoulder looking at her phone.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked happily. "Nothing, I'm not smiling." She stated. quickly turning her phone. "Come on, smiling like you just won the lottery, what is it?" I begged. "Well if I tell you, you won't be smiling."

I sighed and snatched her phone from her hand. She quickly began following me around the room trying to get it out of my hand. I jumped into bathroom and closed the door shut reading the messages within.

As soon as I read the messages, even though I was disappointed, I wasn't surprised. "You're getting back with Travis again, Valentina!?" I said as I opened the bathroom door and handed her the phone back. "I warned you, so it's your fault for looking." She shrugged. "Yes I'll take that, but Travis? I mean you guys break up every year and have breaks in between." Travis Walker. Valentinas favorite heartbreak. Not one year goes by without them "falling in love" with each other over and over again.

Their obsession with eachother is out of hand and toxic as fuck. The glue holding their relationship together is the respect they have at school. Valentina and Travis walk the halls of Haven High respected and obeyed. With Travis money and Valentinas looks nothing could bring them down when together.

The only problem would be when Travis decides Valentina was getting boring and would leave her heart broken and in tears. And personally I'm over wiping tears for a week straight. But Valentinas love is so pure and true that her love is almost strong enough for the both of them. Almost.

"The three months of summer won't change his toxic masculinity and his need for total control." I tried explaining to her knowing she wouldn't listen. "He's not toxic and doesn't need control. We just needed some time to ourselves, some times."

"The last time you walked into this house after a break up, you were covered in bruises Vee. What you need is a forever stay away?" Valentina didn't want to listen to me and instead dropped the conversation laying back in bed. I could never prevent them from getting together, but I always tried so I could get an "I told you so" at the end of the day.

 I could never prevent them from getting together, but I always tried so I could get an "I told you so" at the end of the day

Thxoxo for reading
Don't forget to vote & comment <3