episode 13 - just the beginning

With my costume on, only without the mask, I find myself in the cave, attentive to my computer, sitting in my chair. I hear the entrance elevator coming down, from it, Alfred comes in my direction.

-I brought your makeup, sir—put a palette of dark shadows on my desk, next to my black keyboard.

-thank you, Alfred—step the look over the palette and turn the look to my computer.

-So, master Bruce, what did you find out?—he stands next to me.

With the mouse, I open a map of the city, with all the attacks of the Hood Gang.

-Here, the Red Hood Gang has invaded every Wavne warehouse in the city—point to the places signposted on the map—there is almost nothing they haven't attacked.

-Almost?—Alfred asks.

-Yes, and that's the question. This installation here... —I show an image of the location on the screen —... It's full of materials that you would think the Gang would want, but they didn't touch it, they didn't even mention it. It's basically the only Wayne left.

-Why do they...? Oh, no—see Alfred's eyes dilate when he realizes the same as me —But with access to...

-I know, Alfred. And more, given what they stole... I could only notice moments ago too —I get up from my chair —I know what they plan. I know when it's going to happen. But I don't know how to stop —i'm going down the stairs, to a second floor, facing my car. Alfred promptly follows me.

-You should. The installation is highly guarded, but maybe if you... I don't know, if Batman...

-I don't think Batman can handle this, Alfred—I turn my face over his shoulder to him—I don't think he should either.

-But sir...—he tries to argue but I interrupt him.

- I think this is work for someone else — I say looking straight ahead, watching the darkness present.

POV NARRATOR

GCPD (Gotham City Police Department)

-Commissioner!—a policeman enters the room, where the commissioner is, who analyzes what they know about Batman. This new middle-aged-looking commissioner, black, elegant and determined, says he will not tolerate the actions of the vigilante—you need...

-Take it easy, Kevin—says with a finger on his chin, analyzing the evidence stuck on the wall—a funny curiosity: did you know that bat spit is good for the heart? It's serious—says letting out a simple laugh, laughing at something ridiculously pathetic to his vision.

-I didn't know, sir, but I didn't come here for that—the policeman catches his breath and takes a better stance to talk to the commissioner—you won't believe who is on TV saying that he has crucial information about the Hood Gang—the commissioner named Miller sighs, already wondering who he is. He turns to the policeman behind.