episode 11 - Catlady

POV BRUCE

My eyelid opens, with the light of a lamp burning my vision. Every muscle of mine hurts, my eyes are heavy and numb, I feel the metallic taste present between my lips and my whole mouth.

-Bruce... Don't move, please— I listen to Alfred's voice.

I direct my gaze to Alfred. I can open only one eye, the other, I feel like it's swollen like almost all my face. I raise my head to look at the damage that my body is, I am covered only at the waist, with a white infirmary towel.

-Please, sir—start your speech. My friend has tweezers and a needle to give stitches, his sleeves are rolled up and he wears white gloves —stay where you are. You are practically sewn like a rag—just grumble as I sit in front of you, on the stretcher—forgive me, I didn't want to be rough. But you have to be careful—I don't answer anything—ahhh...—I sigh. He moves to sit next to me —Master...Bruce, today I did what I feared the most, I had to sew your decadent body. I'm afraid, of losing you too—I leave my gaze to the ground, but I feel Alfred's about me—we had a lot of fights for that, for my fear of one day you going out with that hood and never come back. It's impossible for me not to feel that... My heart hurts...—I breath deeply —but not for that, I'm going to abandon him. I'll be with you until the end of my life... Let's fall together, but let's get up together —I put my hand with stitches on your shoulder.

-Thank you, Alfred —I say in a tired whisper, even my vocal cords hurt when I speak.

I get up from the stretcher picking up a robe that I soon wear. I tremble when I put it on. My breath weighs down, while I face nothing. I start walking, going in the direction of the darkness of the cave.

-Where are you going?—I hear.

-Finding myself.—is what I answer, before entering the deepest darkness of the cave.

I step reaching the depths of the cave, only the noises of water dripping echo for everything

I step reaching the depths of the cave, only the noises of water dripping echo for everything... Fell on his knees on the floor, with drops of blood falling from me. I keep my head down, taking a deep breath, with my hands coming into contact with the rocks. I hear the flapping of wings and a noise that I recognize... I look up, watching him flap his wings.

He lands on one of the rocks and stares at me, watching me, looking at my soul. I see the deep eyes of the bat... Your screams and noises are emitted. I close my eyes, still on my knees, taking a deep breath..

I keep my hand on my formal and black betrayal, in front of their photo in the middle of their coffins. I leave my eyes closed while the pain takes my heart, the pain that seems to have no end.

I approach my father's open coffin on my left side, the eye. He seems to be sleeping and that he will soon wake up, but I know it won't be like that.

Suddenly, your hand rests on mine. My eyes widen while I feel the contact. My mouth opens but it doesn't make any sound, just the breath.

I direct my gaze into the coffin, to see.. And what I see... It's the bat... A monster... myself... His deep white eyes stare at me, with his symbol standing out on his chest... An endless darkness...