Chapter 29

Arthur POV:

We were flying high above the beast glades. Slowly the sun started to rise. It was a long time ago since I was this deep in the beast glades. Varay was flying ahead of us, Olfred was on my left and Alea was on my right.

Every time a huge mana beast was near us, the lances used their killing intent. I must say, all of them were strong. If I have to guess, Varay is the strongest according to her killing intent. Alea on the other side was much weaker than her.

"Alea, could it be that you are specialist in sensing abilities?" I ask her. My question caught her a little bit off guard.

"Yes, I am. How do you know?" She asked me. She was looking in my eyes and I saw that Varay glanced back.

"I just guessed. Your killing intent isn't as strong as of Varay or Olfred. And I also heard a few stories about you." I told her.

Olfred was the next one to speak. "For you, it is Lance Olfred. I don't care if you are student, but you still need to speak formally with your elders. Just a tip for your meeting with the council."

I nodded at him and Alea asked me a question then. "From where or whom did you hear stories about me? There shouldn't be many stories about any of us lances."

"Don't you remember me? Aya told me that gramps often told you about me when he was training both of you." I told her and I could see that she remembered now.

"So you are the prodigy that Elder Virion trained and likes so much. It is really nice to meet you, but not the circumstances." She told me with a smile.

"What do you mean with prodigy, Lance Alea?" Olfred asked her.

"When he was four, he rescued princess Tessia and brought her back to us. After that, he became Elder Virion's first disciple and got trained in magic for 3 to 4 years." As she finished, Olfred was rather shocked. Varay also turned her whole head around. She didn't gave it away, but I knew she was also shocked.

"Then it makes sense that you are already at white core." Varay said and we fly in silence again.

In the distance, I could already see a huge mana beast again. "Could I try to scare it away now?" I asked and looked towards Olfred.

"If you think that you have what it takes, then try it." He answer me and a smile crept onto my face.

A waited a few seconds and then I release most of my killing intent. I could see that all the 3 lances' eyes went wide and they struggled a moment to breath and control their mana. I don't think it was because they are weaker than me, but they were caught off guard with my killing intent.

The mana beast didn't run away but made itself small and lay on the floor. As we flew further, all 3 of the lances looked at me dumbfounded and then we flew in silence again.

"Arthur, please don't do that in front of the council. Even though you are strong, you don't have a chance against all 6 lances" Alea said and I nodded.

We flew for around 1,5 hours and then we landed on an opening.

"We will make a break here. It will not take us long until we reach the floating castle." Varay said while sitting on a ice chair, which she conjured.

Alea conjured two chairs with her plant magic and she motioned me to sit on one. Olfred walked further away. Probably to stand guard.

"Arthur, I have a question. Earlier you said that you heard storied about me from Aya. How do you know her?" She asked me. In that moment, Barion also landed next to us and he glared at me.