Chapter 23

Arthur POV:

After the meeting with Windsom, me and Sylvie went back to our family. We ate lunch at a good restaurant and then went back home.

On Wednesday something good happened. My dad woke me up and hold what looked like a hellhound puppy in my face. I had to admit, this beast look cute when they are still babies.

"Looks like it finally hatched." I smiled at him while picking up the hellhound. "Do you already have a name for it?" I asked my father.

"The hellhound is a boy and I will call him Cerberus. I also already formed a bond with him." My dad said proudly while showing me his bond symbol on his arm.

'He already formed a mutual contract. This is going better than I thought.'

"Let us go to the backyard. Today I will help you how to train Cerberus." I said to him and stood up. Dad carried Cerberus to the backyard while Sylvie was sitting on my head.

When we arrived at the backyard, I asked him. "If you already formed a bond with him, can you talk with him in your mind?"

"I haven't tried it yet." He told me. The next moment he tried it, but he didn't get an answer from Cerberus.

"Tell him to sit down or something like that." I gave him the advice. It would have surprised me if Cerberus had answered him already. The only ones that could speak right after birth are Asuras.

I looked towards Cerberus and after a few moments, he sat down. As expected from a S-Rank mana beast. Already understanding what dad is telling him mentally.

I suddenly felt happiness from Sylvie. I am pretty sure why she is happy, but I have to disappoint her.

'Sorry Sylvie, but he is still too young to play with you. But don't worry, it will not take long until you can play with him' I told her while padding her head.

'Alright papa.' She answered me while leaning into my touch.

After that we spend most of the time trying to teach Cerberus tricks.

Before I went back to school, my dad told me that Cerberus started to try to talk. Even if he it was only a few little words, it is still amazing.

It was already Monday again and the first thing I do is walking towards Cynthia's office. I knocked at the door and came in after she said "Come in!"

"Good morning, director." I said with a smile and sat on the chair across from her.

"Good morning, Arthur. I expect you vacation did you good?" She asked me while sorting some papers.

"I would say more than good. I wanted to ask you if it is okay if you can place a substitute teacher for my lesson today." I said to her. When I finished she looked up from her papers confused.

"Did something happen? It isn't like you that you want to skip your lessons." She told me.

I pulled out one of the two elixir and showed it to her. "It looks like Lord Indrath made his move sooner than I expected." At that, her eyes widened. Before she could say something, I continued. "This is an elixir from him. I think it will let me break through to white core. What I heard from Aya, it will knock me out for around half a day. If I did it at home, my mom would get too worried. So I wanted to do it here."

"Of course, you can do it. I will tell your professor, that would teach you today, that you are working for me today. Did the asura tell you more?" She asked me with curiosity.

"Not much more. But they will help me with my plan against the Alacryas at this school. If my plan works and I get in trouble with the council, the Asura will help me if something goes wrong with the council." I casually told her while storing the elixir back into my ring.