Chapter 28

Cynthia's POV:

It was already late at night. I am sitting in my office with a rather large pile of paperwork in front of me. There was already much paperwork, but since the appearing of Alacryans here, I got even more from the council.

Avier is out in the beast glades. I don't know what he is doing there, but he told me he had to do something. I am still a little bit nervous every night. Even though I know Arthur could handle some Alacryans, I still hope he doesn't have to fight a retainer of a scythe.

Leaning back into my chair, I let out a long breath. After doing a few more documents, I will go to bed.

Before I could continue my work, I suddenly felt a huge killing intent and an intense mana-aura from afar. The next moment, Sylvie came into the room.

"Director, inform Virion fast. Arthur found the hideout." She said fast. I nodded at her and brought my communication scroll.

While I waited for Virion to answer, I asked her. "What is the situation?" I could tell she was asking Arthur through their bond how he is doing.

"Papa said that he already killed around 50 of them. The only ones living is the leader, Kai and Lucas." She said while jumping onto my table.

As I heard about Lucas, my eyes widened. I know he is an arrogant brat, who would do anything for power, but I didn't expect him to become a traitor.

Suddenly I heard Virion's voice. "Cynthia, why are you calling at that hour?"

"Call an emergency meeting with the council. Arthur found the Alacryan hideout and is already fighting them. Even though I am sure he can handle it, you should send one or two lances to secure the area.

Virion's voice suddenly became serious. "I will do that immediately. Go to him and see if you can help him." With that, the scroll closed and I looked to Sylvie. "Let us go to him."

Before we could go out of my office, Sylvie said. "Papa told me we just stay close to him, if really goes something wrong. He wants to fight them alone."

"Is he stupid? If we fight together, we will finish them sooner." I told her.

She looked like she agrees me, but she still doesn't want to. "Papa said he wants to test his limits. Even thought he doesn't think he will reach his limit with only these 3 fighting him. He wants to test some abilities against them.

That sounds like Arthur. "Okay, fine. But we will go near him, as a backup." With that, Sylvie agreed and we ran towards the battle.

Arthur POV:

Flying about my 3 enemies, I am more excited since a long time. Sylvie told me that she and Cynthia are coming, I told her they should stay away, but she insisted to stay near me, if something goes wrong.

It is nice to have a caring daughter.

Looking down, I saw all the dead bodies on the floor or on my spikes. This sight is for most of the people traumatizing. The last time I saw a sight like that, but in bigger, was in one of the few wars I had to fight in in my last world.

"Let us begin now. I don't want a lance to show up and interfere in our fight." With that said, I launched myself directly at Draneeve. Flames started to surround him. I surrounded my arm also with flames and clashed with him. He blocked my fist with both of his arms.

Even though I didn't use blue flames, my fire magic was my second strongest element, beneath ice. Suddenly, a metal string wrapped around my leg. With my second hand I punched Draneeve hard enough, that he gets knocked back a few feet.