Chapter 20

Arthur POV:

My other classes were rather boring. Right now I am walking towards my last class for today. Upper-Division class, Team-Fighting Mechanics.

I saw some students had arrived before me, talking to each other, and I immediately noticed some familiar figures.

"Ah! I didn't know you'd be in an upper division class, Arthur." Curtis Glayder waved at me as soon as he realized who I was. Grawder, Curtis' bond, was lying with his eyes closed right next to him.

"Yeah, I didn't think I'd have a class with you. Please take care of me." I grasped his hand.

"Good to see you again, Arthur!" Claire Bladeheart put her arm around my neck while smiling brightly. "We have to do our best not to embarrass the disciplinary committee, right?"

"Haha, I'll do my best. Is this everyone that's going to be in the class?" I replied, turning back to Curtis. I heard that this class had a fairly small number of students, and that it was one of the most popular classes.

"Hmmm, there should be a few... ah, there they come!" Looking back, I saw several more students and I couldn't help but smile wearily.

"Princess Tessia is as beautiful as always, isn't she?" I heard one of the students murmur.

Walking this way amongst the small group of students was Tessia Eralith, my childhood friend, and Clive Graves, the student vice president.

She noticed me and I could tell she was about to greet me but she noticed that I had an older woman's arm around my neck, so instead, she shot me a glare before snapping her head away, pouting.

Clive, oblivious of why she got angry, straight up gave me the death glare as his narrow eyes became even sharper.

"Good afternoon, Princess Tessia!" Not bothering to remove the arm around my neck, Claire smiled and waves at Tess.

"Pleasure," she responded, her expression fierce.

After she walked past us, she secretly snuck in a pinch to my side, jolting me up.

"Hmm, I wonder if she's in a bad mood today," Claire pondered.

It's because of you!

As Claire removed her arm from my neck, I turned to see someone behind us in the back of the group. As soon as I recognized who it was, my face started burning in anger while my clenched fists turned white. It was Lucas Wykes.

He can thank his brother that he is still alive. I would have killed him in Dire Tombs. I just thought that he will be like Barion in the future.

Our eyes met but he looked at me apathetically, like I was an insect on the ground.

"Good! Everyone's here!" a loud voice suddenly booms over the field. As all of the students started turning their heads to locate where the voice had come from, I looked straight up to see a massive hawk-like mana beast hovering over the field.

This beast was at least 4 meters long and its wingspan was well over 8 meters. With its sharp talons tucked underneath it, the beast slowly made its descent, revealing a well-toned woman with a giant sword strapped to her back, standing up on the back of the hawk.

"Welcome! My name is Professor Glory, and I will be the one teaching all of you brats! This Flare Hawk is Torch, my precious bond."

The first thing I did was measure the stage our professor's mana core was at, but upon trying to inspect her level, I felt a sudden sharp pain in my head as Professor Glory whipped her gaze at me. Giving me a confident smile, she gazed down in my direction. Hopping off of her Flare Hawk, she made her way around the group of students in her class. Studying each of the students she passed, she took a closer look at some of them before making her way towards me.