'Dumb Ways To Die' for beginners

A/N: Chishiya's text will be in italics in this chapter! And: The chapter is a little longer, so don't be surprised :)

TW: Manipulation, exploitation, blood, graphic scenes!

--------------------------------------------

I reluctantly put this earplug in my ear. For a moment, I thought it was merging with my ear, but I quickly dismissed that thought. They wouldn't, would they?

To make sure, I tried taking the earbud off again. But - it didn't work. It was rock solid... yeah, it melted together with my ear.

Do you hear me Shiraishi?

His voice penetrated my consciousness, and I cleared my throat. "Yes," my answer was short because I was still sulking that he immediately threw me into the lions' den. I wasn't expecting anything else, but it was uncomfortable, nonetheless.

Player 2: please go to the park now!

I saw the other players start moving, so I followed them.

Try to keep yourself a little apart from them.

If this went on for the next forty minutes, I would end up strangling him myself!

"All right, Mr. I-know-everything-better."

Leaves crackled under my shoes as I found a suitable starting position. Meanwhile, I pondered why it might have been a hearts game. I hadn't played a hearts game yet, but Heiya had warned me about them.

Heart games played with the emotions of others... I had to be careful because I didn't know if reality and unreality could combine themselves. It was easy to manipulate other people's feelings.

The players stand on the starting positions!

The game starts in

3

2

1

The game starts now!

"What should I do, Chishiya?"

I didn't get an answer, so I just started walking. It was never good to stand in one spot for too long, so I felt the urge to leave the spot immediately.

Stop!

I hissed in annoyance but followed his instructions. "What is it?" I asked irritably while looking around.

You almost walked into a booby trap. If you'd landed your foot an inch to the right, you'd be a pile of rags now.

My eyes fell on my right foot. Lo and behold I actually saw something lying on the ground that was flashing red. Well, I guess I couldn't walk around here without Chishiya.

"What else do you see?"

I heard a rustle before he spoke again.

Everything.

"You do know I don't have a map in my mind, right? So... a more precise definition would be a big plus," I murmured, and I caught a faint smirk.

I can see the location of all players. In addition, I also see where the exits are located and where dangers lurk.

I thought about it for a moment before checking my surroundings. "Then why is it a hearts game? It sounds more like a clubs game to me because you must work as a team..." I said as he directed me to walk straight.

Mmmh, are you sure?

It sounded like a provocation that sent goosebumps down my spine. I rolled my eyes. Chishiya really just couldn't resist.