36. Home

Charles' pov

I almost knock the waiter over while running to the restrooms.

After Arthur texted me, my blood run cold, thinking about all the things that might have happened.

Is she hurt?

I push the doors open, getting a weird look from the women standing by the doors, but I couldn't care less right now.

I need to get to her.

I need to make sure she's alright.

When I get in, Grace is curled up in a ball, no emotion in her face. Her cheeks are soaked with tears.

Why does it hurt so much, looking at her like this?

I get down on my knees, putting my arms around her, but she won't look at me.

"I'm here mon amour" I say while I stroke her hair slowly "I got you."

"Charles..." she whispers and finally looks at me.

Grace leans into me, putting her head on my chest.

"He left." She says and sniffs.

"Shhh..." I say while drying her tears "It's alright, you'll be alright." I try to reassure her to make her feel better but she starts crying now, her tears staining my shirt.

I didn't know that she cared about Arthur so deeply.

Does she even perhaps...love him?

"Charles, get me out of here" she says while looking up at me "Please" she begs, her voice shaking.

I get up, pulling her up with me. I take her hand, pulling her slowly through the crowd.

"Grace!" Max yells through the crowd when he spots us.

Not wanting to deal with Max right now I take Grace to my car and I help her get in, closing the door behind.

As I'm about to get into the driver's seat, Max walks up to me.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Not now Max" I answer annoyed.

I didn't forget that he brought her here in the first place.

"Where are you taking her?" He asks, closing the car door that I was holding open.

"That's none of your business!" I push him away, hoping he'll leave.

"She came here with me, you can't just take her with you!" Max says while getting closer.

"Grace asked me to get her out of here, alright? Now let me handle this!" I shout in his face.

"If I find out that she got hurt because of you, I'll kill you!" Max says, grabbing me by my collar.

"That's the last thing I'm planning to do." I say while looking Max in the eye.

He lets go of my collar, giving me a pat on the shoulder and turning around to leave.

I get into the driver's seat. Grace is looking ahead, not acknowledging my presence.

I keep giving her a few glances while I'm driving to make sure she's alright, but she's just looking out of the window.

How did she manage to get her heart broken twice in one night?

"Charles...." She suddenly says "The hotel is the other way"

"We're not going back to the hotel."

"Oh..."

I wanted to show her something that I've been meaning to show her for awhile now.

I drive towards the beach.

Near the shore, in a secluded area, there's a house with windows facing the sea.

I stop the car and I look at Grace, who's looking at me confused.

"Come on" I encourage her.

I take her hand and we walk to the front door.

"Charles...where are we?" She asks and I turn to face her, taking a key out of my pocket, then taking her hand and placing the key in it.

"Home."

"What?" She asks slowly.

I cupped her face with my hands, looking her in the eye.

"Remember that night last year, we were here in Miami, walking by the beach, staring at the stars. It was the night I told you I-"

"That you loved me." She finishes, looking me in the eye, a small smile creeping in her face.

I nodd.

"That night, I asked you where you saw yourself in the future and-"

"And I said....in a house in Miami, by the beach, with windows facing the sea and with...you by my side."

Grace is smiling now, through the tears.

"Y-you...you did this...for me?"

"Mhm" I say while I dry her tears "It's yours." I tell her but she shakes her head.

"Ours"

Grace grabs me by my collar, pulling me in and smashing her lips on mine. I'm taken back at first, not expecting her to kiss me, but I immediately return the kiss.

I put one of my hands behind her back, and the other on her waist, pulling her closer. My tongue making it's way in her mouth.

She tastes heavenly.

"I need you" She says in-between kisses and I start becoming impatient.

Grace uses the key to unlock the door and in the meantime, I kiss her neck.

Once we're inside, we continue kissing.

"Where's the bedroom?" She asks, out of breath.

I put my hands behind her thighs, picking her up.

"Upstairs"

————————————————————————
NEXT CHAPTER............SMUT!!!🤠