14. Heart Break

Grace's pov

It took me awhile to get myself together and return to my seat. The f2 race will start soon but I don't feel like paying attention anymore. I just want to go back to my hotel room, bury my face into a pillow and cry.

Charles words genuinely hurt me and it will take me awhile to recover now.

He hates me. He doesn't want me here.

I mean what was I expecting? That he'd run into my arms the second he saw me, and that we'd put our differences aside and live happily ever after? But I'm also still not sure how he feels about anything. We never really talked when we broke up and things were just left unanswered.

He clearly didn't still feel the same way as I did for him.

"Right Grace?" I can hear Cami say from next to me.

"Uh yeah, definitely." I say even though I have no clue what she has been saying to me for the last 30 minutes.

"Are you even paying attention to what I was saying?" She laughs at me.

Yep, I'm completely busted.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. I was just saying that Arthur is doing such a good job."

Then I concentrate on the race. Cami is right. Arthur is 2nd at the moment and there are two laps left. I try putting on my best smiley face and cheer for him. Besides that's why I came here in the first place, right? To support Arthur. Definitely not because my ex boyfriend, who absolutely hates my guts, if I may add, was here as well.

Ten minutes later the race is over. Arthur gets out of his car and does a small victory. He won the second place. Him and the other two drivers head for the podium.

"Come on, let's get closer." I say while reaching for Cami's hand and pulling her towards the podium area.

When we get there I can see Charles standing near with the ferrari team. Arthur runs and hugs him and Charles returns the gesture. They are both smiling. Charles seems so happy for him.

Looking at them both in front of me makes me feel sad and guilty at the same time. What I have with Arthur and what I had with Charles...I hope it doesn't ruin their bond. They've always been so close and so supportive of each other. I'd never forgive myself if I ruined that.

Then Arthur turns his head and looks at me. Then he starts running towards me.

"Arthur what are you doing?" I whisper at him when he pulls me into his arms.

"I don't care what the media will say, I had to see you."

I immediately melt into his arms, feeling all this comfort.

"I'm so proud of you!" I tell him as I cup his face into my hands.

"Really?" He says.

"Of course you idiot. I couldn't tell you how happy I am!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe you could show me instead." He smirks.

My knees feel wobbly out of nowhere. Before I am able to say anything he goes up to the podium. Arthur gets on it and starts looking around.

Is he looking for me?

He then finds me and our eyes meet. I can't help but give him a big smile. He returns it with a wink. The medals and trophies are given out and then it's time for my favourite part. The three drivers open their champagnes and start spraying each other to mark their win.

                           Charles' pov

I wrap my arms around my brother as soon as he jumps to hug me. I'm so fucking proud of him. He deserved such good race results. At least one of us could manage to have a good home race.

I didn't feel okay because I wasn't even able to finish my race but I had to put on a big smile in order to not ruin Arthur's celebration.

After Arthur greets the rest of his team he turns around looking for someone. I stare at him confused as he runs for the opposite direction. But my face falls when I see him hug her...

What is going on?

Arthur runs and engulfs Grace into a hug. Grace, as in...my ex girlfriend, as in...my Grace.
She hesitates at first but then wraps her arms around him too. I try my best not too lose it.

Her hands wrap around my brother's neck while his hands wrap around her waist. I clench my hands into fists. Her waist is reserved for me and only me to wrap my hands around. Arthur then buries his face in her neck, where I had planted small kisses once upon a time.

I'm shocked when I see her let him hug her so easily.

I didn't realise Grace and Arthur were so close with each other. I mean back when we were dating they hanged out a few times but I was always there and they did have their silly jokes but it was always all friendly. However there was nothing friendly about the scene before me.

I think I'm about to go mad.

Finally he lets go off her and I can breathe again. Arthur gets on his podium and winks at her. I really wish I could wipe that smirk off his face. I leave before Arthur starts spraying the other drivers with champagne. I couldn't stay there any longer. I walk away towards my garage and hold a hand to my heart.

Why does it feel like my heart just broke?

••••••