21. Stay

Grace's pov

I wake up in a different hotel room. I can feel strong hands wrapped around me. Suddenly, memories of last night flod in my mind. The club, the drinking, the dancing, the flirting...

God somebody kill me right now!

I don't think I could have embarrassed myself even more. And let's not talk about the head ache that I have right now.

I want to get up so I can get ready for the day, but it's hard when Charles has caged me in his arms. I don't remember falling asleep while cuddling with him last night.

However, I do remember him telling me that he had missed me...

I start moving slowly, not wanting to wake Charles up but his grip on me tightens.

"Stay" he mumbles.

God I missed his morning voice. How could I say no to that?

"Charles...I need to get up" I whine.

"No you don't, go back to sleep." He says and buries his face even more deeper into my neck.

I give up trying to escape from him and just stay in his embrace.

I had forgotten how safe I felt in his arms. I had forgotten how nice it felt to go to bed and wake up with him.

————-

I must have fallen asleep again because the sound of a phone ringing wakes me up.

I reach for my phone and answer it without looking at who's calling me.

"Bitch, where are you?" Cami asks on the other side of the line.

"Good morning to you too, babe." I reply and I can feel Charles get nervous behind me when I say the word 'babe'.

"You must have had a long night last night for you to forget that we made plans to meet downstairs at 11."

"Mhm...something like that" I reply still half sleeping.

"Is Arthur still sleeping?" She suddenly asks.

"Umm...I'm not with him right now."

"What do you mean? Where did you sleep last night then?" She asks confused.

"I'll be down in 10 and I'll explain everything."

I say goodbye to Cami and get out of bed. Charles is now laying down in with his hands behind his neck.

"Who was it?" He asks.

"Oh just my friend." I tell him and head to the bathroom to get changed.

After a few minutes Charles walks in. He's still shirtless. I can't help but stare at him.

Does he always wake up this perfect? Life is unfair.

I run my eyes on his neck when I see it...

"Charles..." I say and point at the place on his neck.

He leans in the mirror to see what I'm pointing at better. The left side of his neck is covered in little bruises.

"You must have been very excited last night." he chuckles, his dimples showing.

"And how do you know that it's not from the girl you hooked up with last night?" I ask, not making eye contact with him.

"What are you talking about?" He asks confused.

Are we really playing dumb right now?

"Come on Charles, you know what I'm talking about." I say trying to get out from his bathroom but he raises his hand to block my way.