20. Tonight

Charles' pov

"Can I stay with you...just for tonight?" Grace asks with pleading eyes.

The way that she looks up at me like that makes me want to take her here in the elevator. Suddenly I can't breathe.

"Sorry, it was stupid of me to ask." she suddenly says when she sees that I don't answer her question.

Of course I want her to stay with me. And not only for tonight. I want her wrapped in my arms evey night.

"Grace-" I begin to say but she interrupts me, shaking her head.

"No Charles, it's fine it's just that Cami invited a guy over and I-"

"Grace." I say again. "It's fine, you can stay in my room."

"Really?" She asks almost excited. I don't know if that's because she's drunk or because she's looking forward to spending the night in my room.

"Mhm." I mumble.

"Thank you." she says and I take her hand and lead her to my room.

I'm happy that she feels comfortable enough to turn to me when she is in need. It might not seem like it, but I'll always be there for her, no matter what.

I unlock the door of my hotel room and we get in. Grace takes in the surroundings and then goes to sit on my bed.

"Sorry for the mess." I say when I realise the state that my room is in. There's clothes everywhere.

"Were you waiting for me to clean them up for you?" She chuckles with her own joke.

Back when we were together Grace would always  fold my clothes for me because I had a bad habit of leaving them everywhere. I guess not a lot has changed.

Grace starts removing her heels and I realise she has nothing to sleep in.

"I'll find something for you to sleep in" I tell her and start looking in my suitcase.

"Can I actually wear that?" She says and she points at the shirt I was wearing.

She always used to sleep in the clothes I was wearing that day. At first I thought it was weird but then she explained it to me that it brought her comfort and she liked smelling my scent.

"Are you sure?" I tell her.

"Mhm."

I pull the shirt over my head. Now I'm only in my jeans. Grace's eyes land on my body.

"You're staring" I tell her and throw my shirt over her face.

She gets up to change so I start to walk towards the bathroom to give her some privacy.

"Hmm...Charles?" Grace suddenly asks so I turn around to face her. "Could you please help me with the zipper? I can't reach."

I approach her and she turns around. I push her hair out of the way, leaving one side of her neck completely bare. Then I reach for the zipper and slowly pull it down. As I do so, my fingers go over slightly her bare back. She inhales deeply. I love the effect I have on her. I love how she trembles under my touch.

I can't resist and I pull her dress straps down. Her shoulders now covered by my hands, her chest barely covered. I know she's enjoying it because of the face she's making which I can see from the mirror in front of us.

"You're staring." Grace says and I smirk.

"You can leave now." She then adds and breaks eye contact.

She definitely knew what she was doing.

I successfully manage to leave this time and I finish doing my skin care routine in the bathroom. When i get back into the room, Grace is standing next to the bed.

Damn.

I'll never get bored of this sight.

"You missed the show." she winks, teasing me.

"I didn't miss the show, I just thought you wouldn't feel comfortable with me there yet."

I usually sleep only in my boxers but since she's here tonight I kept my gray sweatpants on. Not that she hasn't seen me with only underwear before, I mean she's seen even more than that but I don't want her to think that I want to take advantage of her while she's drunk.

"Why aren't you in yet?" I ask her when she's still not getting in the bed.

"Oh...I thought I was taking the couch." She says while looking at the couch that was at the corner of the room.

Of course she didn't want to sleep in my bed with me. What was I expecting? That we would cuddle and fall asleep together?

But I can't let her take the couch. I want her to feel comfortable.

"Oh alright, you can take the bed though. I'll take the couch."

"Charles, it's fine. It's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before. I think we can manage for a night." She says.

I nod, trying not to smile because I'm pleased with her response.

Then she pulls down the covers and gets in the right side of the bed. She knows I like sleeping on the left side. I do the same and we both just stare at the ceiling for a bit.

"Good night Charles!" She tells me and then turns on her side. Now I'm facing her back.

"Good night Grace." I say and reach to turn the lamp off on the bedside table.

I turn on my side as well. She's breathing lightly which makes me believe that she is asleep now so i take advantage of that and put my arm around her waist. I pull Grace closer to me, burying my face in her neck. She smells like coconuts. Suddenly, I'm not angry anymore. It seems like I've completely forgotten about the mess we're in and I refuse to remember the pain she caused me when she left. Just for tonight.

"I fucking missed you" I whisper, knowing she can't hear me.

Soon sleep engulfes me as well.

This might be the best sleep i've had in awhile.

••••••