Who Da Boss? They Da Boss!

Finally. We were back at the place I've loved for two years. Despite the acidic lake, horrible food, and termite-eaten cabins, it felt like home. A home that contained my special someone and the memories we made together.

"Well, that was a fun limo ride," Rachel groaned as we got out of the vehicle.

"I especially enjoyed the potholes," I agreed sarcastically as I opened the trunk.

"Anyway... co-director and Weasel counselor! Can you believe it?" Rachel questioned excitedly.

"Best part is, I don't have to move into the director's cabin. I get to stay with you and my new, sane Weasels," I said, making Rachel laugh.

"What are their names?" Rachel asked curiously.

"Millie Ramirez and Amber King," I said, remembering the email Lou sent me. "They're ten and twelve, don't worry. We'll be fine."

"And... you finally get to see your boyfriend for another two months," Rachel added, smirking.

Rachel knew I was looking forward to that. But, I needed to show her and the rest of the camp that I wasn't there just for my boyfriend. The reason why I became co-owner was because I loved the camp. I had to represent Camp Kikiwaka proudly.

"Go get settled into our cabin. I'll be right there," I assured her.

She nodded and walked away, her suitcases trailing behind her.

I turned when I heard footsteps, thinking it was a deer or a bear. I ran up to my boyfriend and kissed him lovingly. He smiled. We were back at camp once again. All the professionalism I wanted broke when I saw the stupid grin Griff always had when he saw me.

"Ready to be a CIT?" I asked, smiling as I cupped his cheeks.

"Ready to be co-head of the camp?" Griff replied, his hands resting on my hips.

I kissed him again. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. I felt dizzy from euphoria. I didn't know why I was suddenly looking like an addict to his affection, but it felt like it. My hands tangled into his hair as I wondered why he cut his hair short again.

I wasn't complaining, though.

"They're going to find us," I said, reluctantly pulling away.

Griff smiled and grabbed my shoulder bag. We held hands as we walked into camp. I smiled when I saw Finn, Matteo, and Destiny. Lou stood off to the side, looking official with her Kikiwaka clipboard. I let go, running up to Destiny.

"(Y/n)!" Destiny said excitedly, hugging me tightly.

"Wow, Destiny, how many summers are you staying for?" Lou asked.

"Oh, these are all my new pageant trophies. I hope you took my suggestion and installed industrial-strength shelving in the cabins," Destiny said.

"I did not," Lou said, smiling apologetically. "Finn, what have you been up to? How's Aunt Lorraine?"

"Well, Mom let me graduate from safety scissors." Finn held up his slightly bandaged hand. "Still working my way up the learning curve."

"My sister's in her twenties, and she can't use a knife properly," I said, making Griff furrow his eyebrows.

"And I grew half an inch, as I'm sure you all noticed," Matteo gloated.

"Totally!"

"Right away!"

"I was like, is this guy on stilts?"

"How does it feel to be co-directors?" Destiny asked me and Lou.