Chapter XIV. Igniting the Old Flames

Roxanne sat with Albus at the Great Hall, across from one another. The huge hall was empty and only the two of them were present. It reminded them of their youth when they would hang out similarly despite their different houses.

Just like then, they sat across from one another with a nice cup of tea in front of them. The years might have aged them physically but being in the presence of one another, simply made them feel so much younger.

They chuckled and smiled as they talked, catching up with what they were up to.

"Wait, wait. So Aberforth has his own Inn?" Roxanne asked after Albus spent some time filling her up on his and his brother's life.

He gave a nod. "He is still very grumpy but he does a good job as an Innkeeper" he explained, causing her to chuckle.

"To be honest, I can see it," she said with a smile. "He is the kind of Inn keepers that if you cause any trouble, they will hex and then kick you out"

Albus could not help but chuckle in amusement. His younger brother did have a character that often resulted in him solving things with duelling or fighting.

Quite a volatile character, it was a miracle sometimes that he was still alive.

"And you..." Albus started. "Former head healer at St. Mungos. I never had you capable of following your father's footsteps. I could see you as a teacher instead"

She glanced at her cup with the faintest hue on her cheeks as she smiled. "Yeah, I didn't to but the opportunity came and it somehow clicked"

He gave a nod in understanding. "I should have realised that it was you on the papers before you got rewarded. No one else has your golden heart and would be willing to risk everything to save a medical tent"

She glanced at him, seeing the honesty and care in his blue eyes. While she was always his number one supporter growing up, sometimes she forgot that he supported her too

And the way he spoke of her achievement, made her truly feel proud of that moment. For she took a big risk using a shield to protect the medical tent during an attack, risking exposure to muggles.

She never truly cared at that moment, for the wounded patients under her care were all she had in mind and it was all that was important to her.

"Thank you, Albus," she said after a moment of silence.

He extended his hand and gently placed it on top of hers, giving a comforting squeeze. "Stay a few more days, Roxanne. The castle is empty and no one will find out"

She was hesitant at first but the more she looked into his eyes, the more she realised how much she had missed them and him. She gave a nod of her head, agreeing to his request.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On one of the following nights that she spent in Hogwarts, Roxanne and Albus decided to enjoy their time together.

Albus had visited his brother and taken some of his special butterbeer along with him. Aberforth made his drink and he could often increase the amount of alcohol in it.

It was a perfect idea for the adults that wished to gain and feel something more from the common wizarding drink.

Roxanne and Albus drank more than they should have while getting carried away talking about funny or embarrassing moments of their past.

During that particular night, both let all their defences go. Choosing to temporarily lock away their dark past, they focused on having fun and for a while; it was as if they were teenagers again.