Chapter XIII. The Changes Time Brings

The four years between 1914 to 1918 would forever be marked in Roxanne's memory. She had barely reached her late 20s when the First World War happened.

Positioned at St. Mungo's as a healer at the beginning of the war, an undercover Roxanne would soon face death in the eyes of many patients she would have to save.

While Wizards and Witches were not allowed to participate in the Muggle war, at the beginning; they eventually did join. For the casualties were growing and the enemy started to have more magical beings joining them with each passing day.

The casualties and the attacks requested many healers to come to the front lines or move across Britain and even the world to help wounded wizards and witches.

Roxanne volunteered herself and along with a few others; joined the war. She saw casualties of both muggles and wizards alike, sometimes treating both with spells or potions. She was the only Healer to do that, not caring about secrecy as much as she cared for the lives of the soldiers.

What first started as a solo act, soon inspired other healers to do the same as more and more wizards started to take initiatives for the greater good of both kinds. The risk of being exposed was big but the difference they made to the war was even bigger.

And when the war finally ended in 1918, the world seemed to finally calm down. The world moved on but Roxanne found it hard to.

The things she saw made her question her occupation and slowly her motivation started to disappear. She remained a head healer at the hospital of St. Mungo's for a few more years but eventually retired.

Her participation and risks, though, were not in vain. For the British Ministry of Magic awarded her for saving hundreds of lives, wizards and muggles included. Her efforts hadn't gone noticed during the war either and a few articles had been written about the mysterious healer or the miracle-scaled saves that took place.

She became famous for a while but soon Albus would take the spotlight with his 12 different uses of Dragon Blood. After almost 20 years, the article about him and his research was the first piece of information she got for her childhood friend ever since Arianna's death.

However, she did not make any move to approach or write to him. Instead, she conued on with her life and moved forward, not expecting to meet him from close after so long and in the most unexpected way possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was mid-summer of 1925 and the Hogwarts castle was empty of people. The students had left for summer, as did the teachers. Only one had chosen to remain back, the ever-loved Transfiguration Teacher; Albus Dumbledore.

He didn't exactly have a place to go, the relationship with his brother was still broken. Small steps had been made but the two of them rarely talked, Aberforth having taken the death of Arianna much heavier than anyone else.

So, he chose to reside in the castle where he had so many memories as he grew up and what had become his latest sanctuary over the years as a teacher.

The kids loved him and he was natural at teaching, finding ways to keep lessons interactive and interesting. What few knew, was the fact that an interactive lesson was never his idea.

Rather he took inspiration from a smile Hufflepuff he knew, who helped him and his dear friend with potions in a similar way; always knowing how to catch their interest in the topic they were studying.

During that summer, Albus was roaming the halls of Hogwarts. He had been informed by the Dean that somewhere in mid-summer, a delivery would arrive.

Hogwarts had a secret provider, who made sure they always had all the ingredients they needed to make potions or healing ointments. Yet, no one has truly seen that provider. At least, no one from the teachers and only the Dean seemed to know their identity.