Chapter X. Unbreakable & Eternal Promises

It would not be long before summer would be over. A few more days and Roxanne with Aberforth would have to return at Hogwarts; the metamorphmagus would get the chance to enjoy her last year and study for her exams.

After the talk with Gellert and Albus, she felt a little more confident in her future and what was meant to come. It seemed to have also helped Albus, who surprisingly spent more time with Gellert as well; making plans and searching for more clues.

One fateful night, Gellert had left them magical notes for them to come and meet him. Those notes were something he had taught himself and showed them as well since the paper would then burst into flames once it had been read thoroughly.

The three of them met under the same willow, Albus having gone by Roxanne's House to pick her up; since he found it too dangerous to let her walk on her own.

"We are here, Gellert. What is it?" Roxanne asked as they approached their friend and partner, who was already waiting for them.

"I heard news...the revolution has to start much sooner than we planned," he said, excitement glowing in his eyes.

"How soon?" Roxanne asked, feeling a drop in her stomach.

"In a few days, we should leave. This is our chance to gather supporters while we also search for the Hallows" he explained, taking both their hands into his. "If we do this now, we will be successful so much earlier. The rewards of this risk will be worthy and what we all expect"

His words and charm worked perfectly on both of them, especially Albus. The sooner he found the Stone and changed the law to protect wizards instead, the sooner he would be free and able to return to his normal life.

"Then let us not waste much time" he finally said, surprising his childhood friend.

"Albus, what about Arrianna and Aberforth?" She asked, worrying that perhaps her suppressed friend was not thinking it through.

"Aberforth will return to Hogwarts and I will take Arrianna with us. Maybe we can even find some treatment for her...and if he doesn't agree, he can drop from school and join us" he said, for a moment not sounding like himself at all.

Roxanne parted her lips to argue but did not find the right words to voice her thoughts. While his plan worked, she was still not sure about it all; especially dragging Arrianna with them.

"Then I will join you as well. I promised I would help you in this revolution and I can help look after Arianna" she said, but surprisingly Albus already had an answer for that.

"No," he said so suddenly as if he was expecting her to say those things. He immediately took a breath to calm himself. "I mean, you don't have to. Finish your Hogwarts year and join us after, as we originally planned"

She looked at Gellert for help but he did not say anything else, somehow agreeing with Albus. She felt betrayed for a moment but she understood and with a defeated look, she gave a few nods of her head.

"Fine...but I do want to know news from both of you. Or I am dumping school mid-year and I am coming to find you myself" she said, her gaze stricter and scolding while she pointed a finger first at Gellert and then at Albus.

Her childhood friend was amused and took her hand into his, gently placing a kiss on her knuckles. "It's a promise," he said with a small smile.

"Speaking of promises" Gelleet started, his face as serious as ever and his features made him look even more dangerous under the low light of the half-moon. "It is time we make our own, proper ones"

His words confused the two friends and they both turned to look at him, their hands now free from one another.

"Proper ones?" Albus asked, one eyebrow lifted.