Chapter V. A Winter Visit

The first four months of this school year passed rather slowly for our heroes. After their last talk with Gellert and the incident with Albus' father; a lot of things were on their mind.

Albus tried his best to forget, focusing on his studies and O.W.L exams, along with his career as prefect for the Gryffindor house. 

Elphias Doge was by his side and the two of them talked about the Grand Tour. It was an annual tour for all the Hogwarts graduates, where they would travel Europe during the summer for a chance to explore, meet new people and perhaps even something more.

It was his chance to get away from his responsibilities, his chance to live his life without all those worries that threatened to pull him under.

Roxanne understood his reasons and as the three of them sat in the courtyard during classes, they discussed it.

While sad to see Albus leave for a whole summer, she knew that he needed it. She promised to look after his siblings and mother while he enjoyed his life.

Albus, on the other hand, promised that he would send her letters often and describe his journeys; so she would be ready for when hers would come 1 year after.

But the Grand Tour was half a year away and currently, more important things had come to take their place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas had come and passed, the Hogwarts school having closed at that time. Only a few of the students stayed behind, including Albus and Elphias.

Roxanne, though, had returned to see both Gellert and her father. She, of course, needed to come for she needed something to bring with her to Hogwarts; something of great importance.

During her last days at Godric's Hollow, Roxanne and Gellert were walking side by side. Snow had come early that year and the streets were covered by the soft and cold white blanket that crunched under their boots.

Warm coats were wrapped around their bodies and Roxanne was even wearing her Hufflepuff scarf around her neck, along with a black beanie.

Gellert, walking by her side, had chosen a lighter coat. He was not bothered by the cold or the winter, having talked of harsher weather while at Durmstrang.

Yet, those last two days it was not his former school that was the main topic of discussion.
It was his quest, which had started to finally bear fruits after months of searching.

"One Hallow is close, I know it. Little more and I shall find it. After we find the first one, the rest will be easy to be spotted" he explained, snow falling on his hair and melting softy.

While Albus didn't truly want to think much about it, sweet Roxanne always listened to him. While not fully interested in that quest, she did believe in Gellert's goal, after he had so sweetly presented many times to her.

"Close will be best for now. Which Hallow do you suspect?" She asked, glancing at him with the tip of her amber eyes.

"The Elder Wand" he replied, making a shiver go down her spine.

That wand was said to be the most powerful wand in existence, capable of throwing spells like no other wand. If the legend were true, countless have been killed in duels and even in secret; all by those greedy of power.

Before she knew it, Gellert and her had arrived close to her house. Not that far away, one would be able to see the Dumbledore house.

Arianna was looking through the window on the top floor, not having left her room in so long. She didn't even come down for the usual Christmas Dinner and gifts, although Aberforth had not truly welcomed her either when she knocked at their door.