seven

Elisabeth excitedly ran up to the door, and I watched her with a fond smile as she pressed the doorbell over and over impatiently.

The door finally opened to reveal a very tired looking Nick, his quiffed hair sticking up in different directions. It made sense, as it was six in the morning, but after the flight last night, Elisabeth had fallen asleep right when she hit my bed, then woke up this morning by shaking me frantically and telling me she couldn't wait any longer to see him.

I stood awkwardly as he hugged my girlfriend.

Girlfriend. It feels so great to say that. I smile at my own thoughts.

Nick laughed excitedly and looked up at me over her shoulders, and smirked, hugging her tighter. He'd always been a little shit.

I narrowed my eyes and felt jealousy spread through my veins, but I calmed down a bit when they finally pulled apart.

Calm the hell down Styles, he's gay. I told myself, shaking off the jealousy. They started to excitedly tell each other they missed each other so much and that they were going to catch up immediately.

I followed Elisabeth in as Nick steps aside to let us in. I give him a one armed hug and roll my eyes when he laughs and says "Someone's the jealous type."

We walked over to his green couch in the living room, sitting down, Elisabeth between us. I kissed her right on the lips as I sat down, practically claiming my territory. I knew I was being a bit dramatic about this, but she is mine, and I won't lose her to Nick. Gay or not.

"So, how have you been?!" he exclaims, leaning forward like they are gossiping. I roll my eyes and lean back on the couch, spreading my arms over the back of it.

She laughed. "I've been great, how have you been?"

Nick's face suddenly changed to a serious expression I hadn't seen before, and he takes her hand in her's, and I frown at that. I'm being a bit ridiculous, I know that.

"How have you really been Lizzy?" he asks, and my stomach drops when I realize what they are talking about.

The smile drops from her face and she looks down at her lap. I want to punch Nick for making her sad. I blink in surprise at my thoughts. He's one of my best mates, I tell myself, stop acting crazy.

"He's dead." she murmurs, and I gently rub her back to comfort her.

Nick gasped. "What happened?"

"I-I killed him."

Nick's eyes move to me, then back to Elisabeth, probably wondering what the hell she is talking about.

I decided to see what they were thinking.

What the fuck? Nick.

Harry, help. Elisabeth.

I spoke up for her so she wouldn't have to say it herself.

"It was an accident, he fell down the stairs at her house, she was protecting herself."

Nick nodded, his eyebrows knitted together in concern. "That's understandable. Do the police know?"

Elisabeth shook her head quickly. "No, I mean, I can't go to that institute. You know how it is Nicky."

He nodded. "Yeah. Lemme see how you are."

He slid off the couch and kneeled down on the floor in front of her. I tried to ignore my jealousy again as he lifted up her shirt, and revealed her everlasting cuts and scars.

Nick let out a shaky breath as he softly ran his fingers over the cuts. "Oh Lizzy, God." he whispered, looking like he was in more pain than her.

Elisabeth ran a hand through his quiff before grabbing him by the neck, bringing him in for another hug, which he quickly returned. I could feel the anger for Elisabeth's father coming back quickly, with the reminder of what he caused her to do right in front of me.

I heard a sniffle then Nick saying, "God, I'm so sorry I left babe, I didn't want you to do that again. I love you so much."

I heard a muffled "I love you too."

I could feel myself getting jealous, and the anger with her father mixing in just making me want to punch something.

I growled under my breath. Now that we are back in London I can go teach Eleanor a lesson for messing with my best friend, since I'm so angry.

I stood up and rushed out of the house, ignoring Nick and Elisabeth's confused calls after me.