one

____

I grabbed the blade from my drawer, taking a deep breath through my mouth, swallowing thickly.

I shouldn't do this, I told myself, and I started to place the blade back, when the pain from the punch to my stomach started to hurt more, and I was once again drowning in my thoughts.

As I started to cry, I carefully held the blade and glanced at the clock.

2:32 AM.

I clenched my jaw and stumbled into the bathroom, throwing up everything I had eaten that day. It was normal. I tended to get nauseous on my dark days.

I thought of how he hit me. With that in my head, I pressed the blade to my hip and made three neat cuts.

Blood started to come, not a lot, but enough to take the pain away.

I sighed in relief and looked at myself in the mirror, and I couldn't stand the sight. Couldn't stand what I'd become.

More tears came as I brought the blade to my skin again.

Nobody knows. Nobody can know. Nobody will ever know, and I'll drown forever in this black hole. I knew I would. It was fact.

I yanked my shirt down, wincing from the pain, and put my blade back in the drawer, cleaning up the blood out of the bathroom, before I walked out, going back into my room.

I lied in my bed and let my thoughts swallow me up. I did good tonight. Not so much that I passed out, but enough to stop my thoughts. Even for a second.

That's how its always been, and always will be.

Or so I thought.

____

Hello. So basically I wrote this book like three years ago (?) and I kinda just let it sit around but now that I'm older I'm looking back at it and it's so embarrassing cause I've grown so much with my writing so I'm going to be basically going through each and every chapter of the first and second book and changing a lot, but not big stuff. Mostly just how I wrote and all of the weird footnotes haha so it'll be a big edit and if you suddenly see the writing style change its because that's where I'm at with the editing. Thanks for all the support x