"You're turning red, are you warm?" He asked, a slight smirk on his lips. He knew what he was doing.

"I need to use the restroom!" Y/N suddenly shouted, hopping off her seat and running towards the back.

~

Hu Tao

Y/N
Hu Tao, you need to help me!

Hu Tao
WHAT
IS THIS ABT HEIZOU

Y/N
How'd you know?

Hu Tao
... intuition...

Y/N
He gave me this sugary drink at a café that we're at right now.
So I sipped it and a bit of whipped cream got on the corner of my mouth.

Hu Tao
is this going where i think its going

Y/N
And then, he used his finger to remove the whipped cream from my mouth. But that's not even the worst part.
He LICKED the whipped cream off his finger!
Help me, Hu!

Hu Tao
honestly
considering the bizarre amount of books he reads
im not surprised.
okay ykw
here's what ure gonna do bae

~

Heizou watched Y/N walk towards the table, stifling a mischievous grin. "Hey, N/N!"

"Oh, hey." She said, dryly. She slipped into the seat next to him, scrolling through her phone.
Heizou was annoyed at her lack of communication or emotion.

"You're so cute when you.."

"I know." She responded again, not moving an inch. He felt his eye twitch.

Suddenly, Y/N heard her phone ring. Pulling her phone out, he saw that Xiao was calling her, much to his displeasure.

What hurt the most was how happy she sounded to hear him call.

"Hello, Xiao!"

"You're too kind."

"No, I insist."

"No, you hang up first~!"

He was infuriated.

Hanging up, she didn't look at Heizou once.

As they got out of the coffee shop, the rain had stopped. Y/N was scrolling on her phone once again, liking TeyvatGram posts.

Until she felt her wrist get sharply tugged into an alleyway.

Her back hit the brick wall, knocking the air out of her, and a hand hit the wall right next to her face, cornering her.

She could see the jealousy in his eyes once he looked up at her. "You know what you were doing."

"What was I doing, Sherlock?" She'd seen it in the movies her brother watched. The perfect tone and beautiful execution.

He moved closer, their breaths mingling. She noticed that he had been getting dangerously close to her. "I'm not sure where you learned this from, but you really are good at this. Too bad it was just so cliché."

"Huh?" Y/N's eyes widened.

"You forgot that you're challenging the school's best detective." Heizou chuckled. "Whoever called you was definitely not Xiao. You were trying to make me jealous, weren't you?"

"Why would I do that?" Y/N rolled her eyes. "It's not all about you."

They were so close, and Heizou leaned in closer. She waited, butterflies fluttering in her stomach, as he got closer and closer.

Heizou backed away, shrugging. "If you say so, N/N. Let's get back!"

He had won.

a/n: 80 VIEWS?! TYSM GUYS

also here's some news abt future uploads past chapter 13:
i have all chapters up until 14 fully written and ready to be published w a few edits and revising needed. any chapters from 14 to the end of the series will unfortunately take longer to publish because of the writing process. good news: it's summer! i have more time to work on this, and will be able to upload faster lol

anyway, i need to ask u guys an important question that will decide this story's main conflict

in the original few chapters i wrote for this story, heizou and y/n's relationship isnt much of a slow burn. they get together fairly quickly.

since this is an enemies to lovers story, should i add a few more chapters in just to slow their relationship down? or should i keep the original plan for the story? because this story could get real angsty or really light hearted

please let me know in the comments!!! i love you all, and stay safe! 💕