"Please believe me when I tell you... I will not hurt you, you are safe here. I can promise you that." She explained as Harley nodded. "If you mean it, stepped away from me." Liv nodded doing as she asked as much as it hurt her.

Harley took a deep breath in licking her dry lips once again as she rested her hands onto the railing looking Liv up and down, knowing she looked like Liv, but she also looked so different at the same time. "Why did I see Nick?"

"Because he's apart of my business." Harley chuckled slightly. "The café business?"

"That's a front."

"No shit!" She said loudly taking a deep breath in forgetting her place as Liv let out a sigh. "Harley, don't be scared to tear me a new one. Scream at me, hit me if you like I don't care. I will not hurt you. No one here will hurt you."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because... I won't allow it."

"And they'll listen to you?" Liv nodded taking a deep breath in. "Harley, I'm not just in charge of the front business. I'm in charge, I'm everyone's boss."

Harley swallowed. "And what do you need fronts for?" She questioned as Liv cleared her throat placing her hands back into her pockets. "Are you sure you want to know?" Harley thought for a second looking around the beautiful place she was in, there was no way this was from a chain of cafes no matter how good the business was. The up keep alone would be too much.

"Want to, no, need to, yes." She stated as Liv licked her lips nodding removing her sunglasses revealing a small wound on the right side of her face, above her eyebrow causing Harley to frown. "What happened?" She questioned pointing to her own eyebrow.

"The crash." Harley nodded. "I sell a number of things, but my main product that well pays for a lot of my life style and my family's is cocaine." Harley nodded taking deep breaths in. "Drugs, great. What else?"

"Guns. Other drugs, uh I also give out loans and do counter fit."

"You're a loan shark too." Liv nodded. "Let me guess if they don't pay you back in time, they lose their knees?" Liv let out a sigh as she placed her sunglasses onto her shirt, allowing them to hang from her chest. "Something like that." Harley took a deep breath in turning and looking out into the ocean tears falling from her eyes unsure as to what would happened to her, Liv might say she's safe, but she didn't feel it.

"How?" She questioned. "How did it start?"

"My father. Jackson isn't my last name, it's just what I use for the front's." Harley shook her head. "What is?"

Liv took a deep breath in. "De Santis." Harley let out a sigh dropping her head as Liv squinted her eyes slightly. "I'm guessing you've heard of us." She knew fine well she had.

"I didn't tell you what my father did for living, did I? Of course I didn't. I wouldn't be standing here if I had." Harley paused for a moment taking a small breath unsure about revealing this news.

"My father is a detective." Liv nodded not seeming fazed causing Harley to frown. "I know, Detective Bennett." Harley shook her head as tears formed in her eyes once again, realisation hitting her hard. "It wasn't an accident meeting me, was it?" Liv shook her head.

"Oh my god." Harley suddenly fell to the floor breaking down in tears as Liv swallowed trying to keep herself together, something she was very good at since she had to be. She moved closer to her kneeling to her level. "The plan was to..." She took a deep breath in, clearing her throat. "Kill me?" Harley questioned as Liv shook her head.

"No, no. It was to befriend you, what I had done, even more if it helped and then eventually you'd introduce me to your father who knows who I am. He'd know instantly that this was his final warning to drop his investigation against me or... well..."

"You'd kill me." Liv let out a sigh nodding. "But I didn't take into account..."

"What!?" Harley questioned with a hint of anger behind her voice. "That I'd fall for you." Liv said, her voice breaking slightly. "Bullshit!" Harley screamed as she stood up having Liv do the same. "All you've done is lie to me! Seth was right, I do regret the choices I've made. I should have to you to fuck off when you offered me that job!" Liv didn't say anything, she just stared at her, knowing she was speaking out of anger and she had every right to. She was the one in the wrong, but it was her job and that always seemed to come first until she got to know Harley.

She took a deep breath in. "I want to go home." Liv shook her head. "That can't happen."

"Why? Scared my father will track you down." Liv let out a sigh. "Harley I've almost killed your father seven times now. I've got guys watching your family, I have since before I met you, how else do you think I knew you were at that bar? Joe, the bar tender and Rea's boyfriend works for me as well."

Harley shook her head as she rubbed her eyes feeling pain from her wounds and tears now. "I fucking hate you, I wish I never met you." Liv licked her lips nodding. "You're not going home Harley."

"Why not!? Did you really think that I'd forgive all of this and we'd pick up we're we left off?" She questioned as Liv smirked at her. "No, I didn't, but it still doesn't change how I feel about you which mean's I can't have you running about the damn city where Christian can grab you and use you against me like he already did. So from now on you go anywhere, it's with me or my guys. Never alone and if you don't like it, tough." Liv stated grabbing her sunglass putting them back on as she left the balcony leaving Harley to her thoughts.

She took a seat on one of the balcony's chairs instantly breaking at the news she had just learned. The one she thought had saved her was really planning to kill her. She couldn't believe it, but what she did know was she wasn't going to make this easy on her, she was going to make her pay.

As always thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Please vote and leave a comment about the chapter. It will help me more than you think.

Also follow my account for more.