Season 4 Finale Chapter 89 You'll be Back

No one's POV

Ryuu:......

Ryuu felt tears pooling beneath her eyelids. She frowned, trying not to let them spill over.

Ryuu: Where am I...?

She opened her eyes a little but closed them right away after seeing blinding light. Even a magic-stone lantern was too much for those sky-blue eyes that had grown overly accustomed to the darkness of the labyrinth. As she grimaced, unable even to blink, she heard a surprised voice coming from immediately beside her.

Syr: Ryuu, are you okay?!

She looked up at the form leaning over her. The blurry shape eventually came into focus and the colors become clearer. She made out blue-gray hair and eyes. Ryuu parted her lips as the exhausted face peered down at her.

Ryuu: Syr...

Her voice was terribly hoarse, as if her throat had forgotten how it was like to talk. Nevertheless, as soon as she spoke the name, the face above her lit up with happiness. Seemingly overcome with emotion, the girl fell onto Ryuu.

Syr: Ryuu! Oh, Ryuu!! I'm so glad...!

She buried her face in Ryuu's neck and hugged her softly like a sister or a mother

She buried her face in Ryuu's neck and hugged her softly like a sister or a mother. Ryuu could feel the familiar, kind warmth of her body through the blanket. Her heart was so full she could not speak.

Anya: Meow!! Lyu opened her eyes~nya!

Chloe: Now please tell us how you feel about troubling us by sleeping for three days straight!

Lunoire: Damn, I was worried about you!

Suddenly, Ryuu was surrounded by chaos. Anya threw her hands up and pranced around like a child while Chloe teased her with a smile and Lunoire's happy face contradicted her cross words. Tears spilled from Ryuu's eyes as she took in the smiles adorning the faces of her most treasured friends.

Anya:...I've never seen you cry before~nya.

Ryuu smiled back faintly at the grinning Anya. Her mind was still blank as an untouched sheet of paper, but she whispered the only words that she could think of:

Ryuu: Thank you.

Chloe: You're in such a daze we really ought to explain what's going on. You're in a clinic run by the Guild inside Babel~nya.

Lunoire: You were brought here as soon as you got back to the surface.

Anya: We tried various items and magic on you as we were rushing through the Dungeon but you just wouldn't wake up. We were so worried about you~nya!

As Chloe tugged on the elf's gauze-wrapped ear, Lunoire and Anya finished her explanation. It was a bit hard for Ryuu to make sense of everything since she had just woken up a few minutes earlier, but the distinctive smell of antiseptics and the clean white room helped her to understand. As Syr slapped Chloe's hand away from Ryuu's ear, Anya leaned over her.