Season 3 Chapter 59 A Decisive Battle

No one's POV

Sora and Aiz were staring at one another. It was their long awaited reunion of the two siblings. But its not the reunion they wanted to be. Aiz's boot came down with a resounding thud as she took one step forward.

Sora: Listen! This girl hasn't done anything harm! She would never hurt anyone!

Sora shouted. His voice was ragged and tinged with tears as he hid the terrified Wiene behind his back.

Aiz: When that vouivre goes on another rampage, will you be able to say the same thing?

Sora: Yes, I can! Because she's not a monster!

Aiz: How can you still say such thing? I can't do that.

She was fundamentally different from the naive Amazonian girl who poked fun at herself and others in equal measure. Her expression was cold, her dagger like words final. Sora knew was that negotiations had broken down. He understood at that moment that the girl who is his little sister and was now his opponent.

Sora: What happen to you after we got separated?

Finally, the despair and resignation raging within him led his hand to the hilt of his blade. Like the swordswoman he faced, Sora had already arrived at an answer he could never reverse. He'd do it for the monster girl he'd promised to protect. As Aiz narrowed her eyes at her Big Brother sadly.

Wiene: Papa...

Aiz leaned forward and lunged toward him. Sora, too, lunged forward, swinging his sword at the silver sword that bore down on him. The first clash of blades threw off a shower of countless sparks.

Sora: Aiz, please listen to me!

Sora shouted across his blade, which she had blocked with her sword. An absurd emptiness filled him as he recognized the contrast between his words and the urgent need to swing his blade at her. Their blades clanged together as they parried each other's blows.

Aiz: I don't have anything to talk about with you, Big Bro.

Aiz said, refusing to meet his eyes. Her cheeks flamed red.

Sora: Well, I do!!

Sora retorted. He stepped toward her and jabbed his blade forward, but the scowling Aiz repelled his blow. Both of them were fighting at a supersonic speed. Aiz was only aiming for Wiene, but Sora continue to block her attack.

Aiz: I don't want to fight you, Big Bro...

Sora: Do you think I want? Do you think I want our reunion to be like this?!

Aiz: Why didn't you come home to me?

Sora: You say that, but in my eyes you were the one that left me in the first place!

Aiz: !!

Aiz eyes was filled with sadness, Sora's eyes was filled with anguish as the two siblings continue to fight. Aiz was using her Tempest to gain the upper hand, but no matter how much she try to get pass him, she was no match for Sora's speed. Sora was only playing defend, he was not attacking her in the slightest. He doesn't want to hurt her.

Aiz: Everything was taken from us by monsters!! The two of us were suppose to go down the same path!! So why?!

Sora: Our path was already separated the moment you chose a sword over my own hand.

Aiz: ?!?!

Sora: You chose to go down such path, while I don't. You use your hatred for monsters to gain strength, while I don't. You let your heart get consumed by the Black Flame, while I don't.