Season 4 Chapter 88 Starry Flower

No one's POV

(Dreamscape)

When Ryuu woke up, she was sitting in the darkness. It was a familiar darkness. This was the darkness that had tormented her for the past five years. This was the boundary between life and death where she had been stalled. No one was beside her. That person was gone. She felt that was a pity. She did not know why. She could not remember anything. But her cold hands struck her as sad.

 But her cold hands struck her as sad

Suddenly, light pierced the darkness. Beyond the light, she saw her irreplaceable companions. Astrea Familia.

Ryuu: Alise...

Alise, Kaguya, Lyra, and all the others were standing with their backs to her. No matter how she shouted, they would not turn toward her. Ryuu knew that. The gulf between her in the darkness and them on the far shore of the light was too wide. Suddenly, she realized she could walk forward. She could walk out of the darkness. She could walk to the source of the light, to the place where the companions she longed for so deeply were standing.

Joy filled her.

No matter how much she called to them or how bitterly she cried, they would never turn toward her. But if Ryuu walked toward them, they would welcome her. At first they would be angry. Kaguya would scold her and Lyra might crossly pull on her ear. Maryu and the others would probably push her around. Alise would definitely stick her finger in the air and give her a half-baked sermon.

Ryuu: I'm finally joining you guys...

And then, she was certain, they would break into smiles. They would all gather round to welcome her back and praise her for how she had soldiered through these five years. They would throw their arms around her shoulders and stroke her head. Her wish would finally be granted. Her sins would finally be atoned for. She would finally be able to pass away. Ryuu began walking toward the light, searching for salvation. One step, two steps, three steps. She passed the boundary of the darkness. Only a little farther now until she reached the distant shore—

Alise: You can't. Don't come any closer, Lion.

At that very moment, one of the forms that had never before turned toward her finally showed her face

Ryuu:—