Season 4 Chapter 69 Countdown

No one's POV

Bell was still confronting the criminal elf who was thirsty for blood. He was like a detective trying to figure out the truth. When they were on the eighteenth floor together, the Hero had told him something about the elf's past. Now the character from that story seems to have appeared before him. A different elf, one Bell had never met before.

Ryuu: But we'll clear that debt here and now—your calculations and all.

Ryuu says resolutely as she pulls the mask from her face. The catman screams as she walks steadily toward him, as if he can no longer stand his own terror.

Jura: Rabbit Foot! Kill her; I'm begging you! It's awful; my whole body hurts; the blood won't stop...! The arm she cut off...!

He seems to be in anguish as he hugs his bleeding body with his remaining arm. Bell shiver as he stare at Ryuu's dagger.

Bell: I-is it true? That you cut off this man's arm...?

Ryuu:...Yes, I was the one who severed his arm. I sliced off his ear, too. And what of it?!

Anger and regret are blended inseparably in her voice. She has clearly confessed her deeds. Bell sink to the floor as his knees collapse beneath him.

Ryuu: Move aside immediately!

Bell: M-Miss Ry—

Ryuu: I said move!!

The tip of the wooden sword was pointing at him. Her rage was enough to make me shrink, Level Four or not. The heartbeat thundering in Bell's ears and the sweat pouring from him were near their peak.

Ryuu: If you interfere, I'll throw you aside, too...I don't have time for it.

Her words freeze Bell's throat.

Jura: Please, Rabbit Foot...Save meee...!

The catman's wail drives Bell's anxiety even higher. In front of him was an ultimatum, behind him a plea. It's just like a scene in a drama. There's the criminal starving for blood, and here, facing her, was the detective, and there the victim pleading for help. It was Bell, in the role of detective, who's been driven relentlessly into a corner. What a poor actor he was. Or to borrow the words of the deities, how wretchedly Bell had been miscast in this role. He can hardly bring himself to watch.

Bell:...Please tell me.

Although Bell feel on the verge of being crushed, he draw up all his emotional strength and speak.

Bell(mind): I have to know. I have to understand.

The whole story, and Ryuu's true intentions. If he doesn't, he'll never be able to arrive at an answer. So he buck this tremendous pressure and ask her.

Bell: Did you kill the man from Rivira? Are you the one that is responsible?

Ryuu: I don't have time to answer your questions!

Bell: A body was found outside Rivira! And there are witnesses who saw you fleeing the scene!

Ryuu: How many times do I have to say it for you to understand?!

She's full of irritation, determined not to give in.

Bell: Miss Ryuu, I'm begging you! I need to know! Please answer me!!

Bell pour all his yearning to hear her side of the story into his next words.

Bell: Are you the one who killed that man?!

Ryuu: It wasn't me!!