Season 4 Chapter 63 Baptism at The Water's Edge

No one's POV

Ouka: Chigusa! Hang in there, Chigusa!!

Ouka's cries ring out again and again. They were in a crystal room in a corner of the labyrinth on the twenty-fifth floor. After the mossy giant unleashed its fierce attack, they retreated to this room to avoid fighting any other monsters. Bell and the others quickly scarred the walls and stationed a guard at the entrance, and are now trying to heal Chigusa and Luvis.

Cassandra: Oh sunlight, may you beat back ruin. Soul light.

Cassandra, the healer, is working her magic on Chigusa and Luvis as they lay on the floor. The staff Chigusa holds beside her is glowing with a warm light that resembles sunlight, wrapping the injured in its embrace. This exceedingly rare form of healing has the power to close any type of bloody wound...but the ivy that is tormenting Chigusa and Luvis does not disappear.

To the contrary, the light of the healing magic seems to spur on its growth, so that it becomes even more vigorous and sprouts lush leaves

Chigusa: Ooh, ooooh...!

Ouka: Chigusa! It's not working!

Cassandra: Th-this is no use! I can't get rid of the ivy...! There's nothing I can do to fix this!

Cassandra shrieks as she stands over the sweating, groaning Chigusa. Bell and the others had already tried all the potions and antidotes. All of them were useless. They can't get rid of the ivy growing from the wounds. When they tried to tear out the vines by force, Chigusa and Luvis shrieked in pain, and when they cut them with their swords, new ones grew to replace them. Cassandra was at a loss, her voice wavering.

Cassandra: Most likely, the seed that penetrated inside of her has taken root all over her body

Cassandra: Most likely, the seed that penetrated inside of her has taken root all over her body. It seems to be sapping their strength to use as nourishment.

Daphne: That means healing magic and potion aren't going to help.

Rin: Instead, it gets the opposite effect of what we want.

Ouka: Are you saying there's no chance of recovery?!

Ouka asks, leaning over Chigusa.

If it was just a question of wounds, they would already be healed. But if they're being robbed of their vitality second by second, then there is no way they can continue to fight. Not only that—in the worst-case scenario, life itself becomes... Mikoto has her back turned to the rest of us as she uses Yatano Black Crow to guard the entrance, but she can't hide her concern. Every few seconds she glances back toward Chigusa.