Lunch.

As soon as I stepped out of the car, I saw a lovely Cafe across the street. And then I saw him. Sitting at one of the tables.

****

'Hey, you alright?' I smile and give Kylian two kisses on the cheek.

'Yeah I'm great. You?' Kylian smiles.

'Amazing. So how's everything been?' I seat myself on the chair.

'Good good. Just work. A lot of work. Parties. Just the usual. How have you been?' Kylian asks.

'I've been okay. Just a lot of work too. Basically the same thing.' I chuckle.

'That's good that's good. So look, I wanted to you know sort things out between us....' Kylian starts.

'Mhm.' I nod.

'And you know, you kind of left, and we didn't really talk at all. And yeah. I just didn't want to leave it like that.'

'No yeah absolutely. But what did I say to you? I said to you that I had to leave. I said to you, that because I lived there, I couldn't always come here. And I didn't want you to come to me. I said that, didn't I?' I ask.

'No yeah I know you did. And I'm always going to admit you did.' Kylian nods.

'But I will say, it did kind of shock me when I saw um... her.' I chuckle.

'What? Inés? No. That was... that was nothing.' Kylian widens his eyes.

'Yeah. How did that happen?' I chuckle.

'I don't know how it happened to be honest. I met her at Cannes. And then it just sort of went from there.' Kylian answers.

'I see I see. Well sorry it didn't work out.' I smile.

'No you're not.' Kylian bursts into laughter.

'Shut up. I am.' I start laughing.

'Yeah yeah sure.' Kylian says sarcastically.

****

We talked, laughed, drank, ate. And for once, it didn't feel forced to talk to someone. I guess that's the Kylian spark. And I was enjoying every minute of it.