Can you come?

'Hello?' I answer the phone.

'Hey.' Kylian speaks.

'Can I help you?' I ask.

'Um yeah... I wanted to ask you something.'

'Mhm. Go on.' I nod.

'I have um a match tonight. And I know you're here. And I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come.' Kylian suggests.

'Thanks but no. I'm fine.' I chuckle.

'Please. I just, I need to see you.' Kylian softens his voice.

'Why?' I ask confused.

'I... I don't know. I just need to see you. Please. I'll even book you the seats.' Kylian begs.

'You don't... have to do that.' I chuckle.

'Please. Just think about it.'

'Okay okay I will. Bye.' I hang up the phone.

****

'I think we should go.' Anna looks at me.

'And why is that?' I chuckle.

'You know why. He's trying, P. He's really trying. I know you might not be able to tell, but I can.' Anna gives me a sympathetic look.

'I don't know. I don't want to force something that clearly isn't there.' I smile.

'But that's the thing. That something is there, and you know, and I know that you know there is. But you're just too stubborn to accept it.' Anna smiles.

'Okay Anna fine. I'll go to the fricking match. Jesus.' I roll my eyes.

'That's what I thought.' Anna chuckles and pulls me into a hug.

'You're welcome.' I roll my eyes and let out a little chuckle.