Luke didn't answer. The answer was obvious. He didn't trust Rolus, at all.

"I don't have time for this," Rolus replied.

Luke nodded in mock understanding. Rolus could see it. He could see the threat before Luke uttered it. "Then I guess it leaves me no choice in letting your Pack know that their precious Alpha is nothing but a monster that rejected their mate. I wonder how they would react."

Rolus didn't waste another second. He unlocked the door, and hurried to his office to get this over with.

Luke arrived after him. "Elder Rumi, we can start," Luke said, stress lines on his forehead.

"I don't even see the point in this. Why would I even lie?"

Luke didn't reply to him, but instead, looked at Elder Rumi.

"Alpha Rolus of Creek Pack, is Alpha Lucas of Black Moon Pack your mate?" Elder Rumi asked, eyes intense.

Rolus was taking too long to answer, hence Luke glared at him. Rolus was anxious. He knew that Luke was his mate, but a big part of him wished the Truth Seeker would say otherwise. It was when Luke punched him on his shoulder that he answered. "Yes."

Luke quickly looked at Elder Rumi, waiting for the answer.

"He is telling the truth," Elder Rumi confirmed, a smile lighting up his face.

Luke made some noise like he was being strangled. Rolus was almost offended when he saw the disappointed look on Luke's face. Almost disappointed.

Luke exhaled loudly, like the news was a bitter pill to swallow. What did he expect? Rolus already told him they were mates.

"Thank you, Elder Rumi. We may leave," Luke said, turning around instantly and exiting the office. He never looked back. The Elder followed.

Rolus stayed in his office, Luke's face engraved in his mind. He looked like he was going to breakdown when he returned to the safety of his Pack.

_________

It was later in the day that Sierra came back. They holed themselves up in Rolus' office.

"I found Mike, my contact. He said he couldn't come on the scheduled day because he received word that someone knew of his involvement with us."

Rolus' mind was still muddled with Luke's visit, but he tried his best to focus. "Who is this Mike?" Rolus had to ask.

Sierra seemed to ponder him for a moment, before she found what she was looking for. "He's got a contact inside the Council."

At that, Rolus blanched. "The Council Council?"

Sierra nodded, still somehow reading Rolus.

Rolus was scared. The fear was on display, shocking even Sierra. He was petrified. He couldn't keep still. He didn't even seem to grasp that there was someone with him. All he thought about was that the Council had their suspicions.

"What did Mike say?" Rolus asked, his breath heavy. His heart was beating like crazy.

"That there's word out that you broke the contract. What contract?"

Rolus felt the sweat roll off his face. This was what he feared. He was going to lose his Pack. He was going to lose everything he worked hard for. He was going to lose his Pack after the sacrifices he made.

How did the Council find out? Was it Perez? Luke?

"What contract, Rolus? I can't help you if you leave me in the dark,"