Chapter I. The Attack that Changed Everything

[A/N] ~ My first ever fanfiction of this idea and content. Due to a lack of clear dates about the past, I have done some changes in the backstory to add more depth to the relationships and the characters.

Grindelwald is one year younger than Albus and the same age as Roxanne (my oc). In addition, he comes one year before Albus graduates and their friendship evolves over the year (not in the months as it is said in the wiki).

The same events will take place but with bigger gaps between them for better continuity and chances to explore many views, while giving more time for the character to interact and develop.

The story starts as Roxanne and Albus are young, following the attack on Arianna (with few changes on the location), goes forward with Grindelwald's appearance and eventually starts from the second movie and onwards (with extra scenes in between each major plot in the two movies).

I try to keep all characters as canon as possible and the same for the timeline. Although the past is unclear and so are the younger versions of the protagonist, so I try my best to make it as realistic as possible.

Also in this story, there is a polyamorous or open relationship between the three of them (Gellert, Albus & Roxanne). Most specifically, Dumbledore and Grindelwald have feelings for one another but at the same time, each one has feelings about Roxanne. She has feelings for both of them as well, which creates this multi-directional love triangle.

There will be a few more details of mature content here and there, so the story is under M for safety. TW for future Gashlightning, Toxicity and manipulation, along with other darker relationship traits (because it is Grindelwald).

Last thing, due to the debate and also move changes between Depp and Mikkelsen; I won't go into detail appearances about Grindelwald. Especially as an adult, I will avoid mentioning some hair or eye colour specifically, so you dear reader can imagine whomever you want while reading the story.

Hope you like it and don't forget to let me know what you think. Criticism is always welcome and I apologise in advance for any mistakes in Grammar and stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Godric's Hollow was a little village, famous to wizards only as the place of origin and rest for the famous Wizard: Godric Gryffindor.

In that village, a few wizarding families lived there, hiding in secret amongst the muggles. Among them, three great families were the main ones whom history will later remember.

The first was the Louises. A British woman fell in love with an American wizard and together; bore an intelligent and sweet daughter.

Their close neighbours were the Dumbledores. A family of five with three thriving young children and two Gifted parents; all leaving in harmony.

Last was the Bagshots, from which only one woman had remained in that old big house at the edges of the little village.

They were the only wizarding families to exist there and for that, they made sure to keep contact with one another.

While Bathilda Bagshot spent most of her days as a historian and buried in her books, the Louises befriended the Dumbledores.

The oldest child of the couple, Roxanne, was only a year younger than their eldest; Albus. Those two didn't truly click one from day one but slowly, they started to enjoy the company of one another.

Kendra Dumbledore would often invite young Roxanne to dinner, knowing very well that the little girl had lost her mother at birth and there was no other female in her life. This kind gesture was something Roxanne would never forget and it was what would eventually drive her to pursue the same in her relationship with others and mostly the three siblings of the Dumbledore family.