The past has a way of coming back

Starscream walked through the empty halls of the Autobot base. His servo trailing against the walls. He tried to find peace in himself as he let his mind wander back to a place he knew like the back of his servo. No this was not the Decepticon warship or the Harbinger. But a different place, his home in Vos. The tall, thin towers which matched the city perfectly but was able to stand out. The place where he grew up and had chased his brothers down the long marbled halls.

He felt the burden of war fall off of his shoulders and he seemed to not have a care in the world. All he could think was the life before the war. He could hear the music that filled the streets. The happy sparkling that would play. Couples servo in servo... he felt a pain in his spark as he thought of that. He tried to not cry, especially in case any of the Autobots saw. He carefully wiped it away and kept walking. He closed his optics once more before he heard someone saying his name, "Starscream? Starscream."

"Huh!" Starscream said being brought back to the harsh reality of the war. He looked down and saw Arcee, "What do you want?" He tried to not blush out of embarrassment, putting up a tough act. "You were murmuring things and not watching where you were going. Just because you're being told that you don't have to work doesn't mean you get to walk around here like it's your castle back on Cybertron. Besides, we have work to do as is." Arcee said as she cleared her throat. 

"I see..." Starscream said as he walked back toward the med bay. Arcee couldn't help but watch as the frail seeker made his way back, she shook her helm and she walked back into her berthroom. "He made his choice. We all did." She murmured as she closed her optics.