* Return to India

"nope not at all ok." came her reply immediately before he could finish his sentence

Venkat face fell sad hearing it and cut short her sentence "may I know why?"

"how come you are expecting me to give birth to two babies? how am I looking like for you? I actually ..."

He cut her short again and asked in a irritated tone "what's wrong in that? you have brother , like wise I too have a sister. It 's always fun and you feel supportive with siblings rather than being single child"

"that's what my opinion as well"

"what? I don't understand you. your current statement is contradicting with previous one"

"You did not allow me to complete my sentence. I wanted to tell that we need to have three or four children. It will be good"

"Four ahhhhh?????" Venkat felt like he would get an attack with what he heard. "are you saying four for real? did I hear it properly"

"yep. two of my relatives have 3 children. So I need to surpass them with 4. That too, each one should have one year difference only"

"idhu namba listlaya ilaye" thought Venkat

(this is not in my list)

"hello, everyone will think bad about me as if I am the one forcing you to give birth to many babies, that too, 1 year gap. Are we going to run elementary school?"

"I need to sleep, will talk later, bye" said Sreeja and cut the call abruptly.

"7'0 clock ku ennadi thookam. hmmm paravala indha alavukuvadu pesinaley. pathupom" he spoke to himself seeing the mobile.

(who will sleep at 7'0 clock? ufff..atleast she spoke to this extent and I am happy about it. let's see)

Few days passed and the date for Sreeja to return and wedding dates were nearing.

Venkat and everyone in his house were busy with the wedding preparations. They were doing a white wash to the house before marriage.Instead of hiring painters, Venkat and his family themselves did the painting job.

Most of the trivial activities are done by themselves in their family. They hire people outside only if it is something that they can't fix or do.

He informed his father that he would do the painting at night, as he comes late from office. His father too agreed for it and asked him to finish dinner and work on the painting.

Venkat would talk with Sreeja while painting. No.. talking with Sreeja was the main thing he was doing. Painting was a side activity for him like fiddling with something while talking. When she is not available for call, he would play all romantic songs and do the work.

One night while he was doing the same, Subhi came to kitchen hearing Venkat's voice.

"Ada pavi..." She said ( OMG)

Venkat did not even mind her standing and was listening with a smiling face on the call.

"nee nadathu da, nadathu... ipo dhan puriyudhu nee yen night paint adikaranu sonnanu. pavam enga appa , payyan office layum vela pathu, night thoongama kan mulichu paint adikaranu una perumaya nenanuchundrukaru"

(Now I understood, why he took painting at night time. My innocent dad is believing that his son working both at office and at home painting at late night)

Venkat did not hear what she said but saw her standing near him. He gave her the water bottle while laughing at what Sreeja told.

"enna da thanni kamikiriya enaku...irukatum irukatum... ana onnu da , pavam da andha kitchen sevaru... vai irundha aludhurkum unga pecha kettu,pesardhu ennomo office kadha ilana onsite, idhula siripu vera sirku. anga paru, adicha eduthulaya adichundrukan paru, dei, dei,"

(When did I ask you water da? hmmm. let me see how long this goes... but I really feel pity for the wall to hear your talks. You guys anyway talk only about Office but behave as if you are talking something romantic and laugh...ufff.. see he is painting on the same area again and again , hey , hey )

Venkat was in full romance mode that he did not even listen to what his sister was complaining. She then left understanding it is pointless to talk to him now.

The two months onsite period got over and Sreeja returned to India. She got busy with her wedding preparations and as usual the calls to venkat was limited. She gave all the gifts she bought from onsite to Venkat. 

Everyone in his family including his office members teased him whenever he wears the shirt which Sreeja gave him.

Sreeja did not get her periods and was afraid that the wedding date was also nearing. She is against to going to hospital for any checkup or taking medicines. 

She took all the natural remedies to get periods but nothing worked out. Since she had no other go, her mother took her a lady  doctor to sort out this problem.

After examining the doctor told, it is all because of wedding stress which is common among the new brides who face similar problem. Moreover, she had less hemoglobin due to her underweight.  Sreeja left after buying the medicines for her. 

4 days before her wedding, Sreeja got her periods and was happy about it. The periods are over and now her house is filled with relatives and had the wedding celebration look.

*********************************