the party that changed me

Start from the beginning

I avert my attention to the dining area. Seemed less crowded and maybe I could sit and watch for a bit. If i was gonna kill someone tonight I'd have to see what they were like. I may be a insane mass murderer, but I'm not gonna just kill a good guy.

I walk to the dining area and sit on the opposite end of a table. There's a two girls sitting on her phone and talking to eachother. I took my pocket knife from my back pocket and slid it up my sleeve. I just sat silently watching and listening, even though what they were talking about seemed just like worthless drama.

I sat there watching for a while until one of the girls left for whatever reason. Leaving the one girl with me, she seemed alright, she wore a simple hoodie and some plain sweatpants. I could tell she was an introvert, just by her shrinking posture and the was she stayed on her phone to avoid conversation.

A group of frat boys walked in and sat in the seats around her. One of the cocky blonde guys spoke up, "What cha lookin at?" He said tilting her phone to get a better look. She quickly held the phone to her chest, "Fuck off". I raised an eyebrow, you never really see people stand up for themselves. And she was critically outnumbered, but maybe one of these guys could make a good victim. I grew a little less tense and leaned back in my seat.

"Woah woah... calm down.." the blonde on said raising his hands as if he weren't a threat. "I just curious on what a pretty girl like you is doing sitting all alone.." the guy crossed his arms and sat back in his seat. "That's none of your buisness so fuck off-" she said, she was trying to act intimidating, but she was shaking. Obviously she was the one scared and the frat group seemed to get a riot out of it.

One of the guys behind her seat slipped what looked like a pill into the girl's drink while she wasn't looking. All I didn't was sit and watch, I knew where this was going and I was almost tempted to help her.

"No need to act so defensive damn.." the blonde one said with a fake offended stare. The girl stayed quiet, she seemed genuinely scared. A few of the other boys laughed as if they just heard the funniest joke ever told. They were obviously intoxicated and flat out drunk. You could smell the alcohol and overpriced cologne reeking from them.

The girl reached for her spiked drink and without thinking I hit the leg of the table with my foot. The drink spilled on the roofie who slipped the pill in it. "Oh shit! Come on man.." he shouted. He tried to shake out the spilt drink from his shirt and pants. The blonde glanced over to me as if he knew it was me. I glared right back at him for a moment but focused my attention to the table, sometimes looking up for a bit to see where the conversation was going.

"Oh come one we could have some fun! Come with us! Come on!" The blonde said while standing up and forcefully tugging on the girl's hoodie. "GET off!" She yelled at him tugging the opposite direction, trying to pry his hand from her. "I'm not being nice anymore, come on-" she said jerking her put of her seat. One of the other frat boy pushed her to go with them. I decided enough was enough when they tried to force her upstairs. I scooted my chair out rather harshly. I could feel the adrenaline start to build in my veins.

One of the brunettes looked back at me confused and tapped the blonde's shoulder. Before they could react I grabbed brunette by the back of the neck and shoved him out of the way. He stumbled back, he obviously hadn't had someone stand up to him before. Serves him right.

I grabbed the blonde's hand from the girl and clutch his wrist, digging my nails into his skin. He quickly let go, "The hell is wrong with you man?!" He yelled in my face. I didn't flinch a single bit, it was a terrible come back anyway. "I s-should be asking you the same q-question" I said flatly. I released his wrist forcefully pushing him back a bit. My grip on the pocket knife in my sleeve tightened a bit. I was willing to shank him here and now. But I wanted to see if I could get a rise out of him, it would be more fun that way. My neck jerked again and I whistled, tourettes have the worst fucking timing.