Chapter 38

• I just couldn’t let that be the last chapter so...here

•And you guys can also start conversations as well. Ask questions etc and I'll answer as soon as I can

————•●¤●•————

~Third day of confinement~

Your hands were getting sore, and you were sure your hair was twinning your mental health. It was certain that eventually you would lose your mind here, and it was proven when you actually started to enjoy Ryuk talking to you.

There was nothing to do but think at this point. You were definitely not going to graduate with the way things are going, and you would need to get married to become a housewife. Inheriting your father’s business was obviously out of the question since you pretty much said you want nothing to do with him and it would be disgraceful not to mention depressing—fucking comical—if you actually ended up in the detective field. You decided that if worse came to worse you’ll be a model like Misa. Backstory? ✨️To honour your late friend Amane Misa by continuing her legacy🌈. You would laugh at the thought, but everyone watching would think—know—you’ve lost your mind.

L had informed you and Light that criminals had been broadcast, but none of them had died since you’ve been detained. Maybe you had misjudged Light. you thought he would have written down enough names for at least a few months, but he obviously wanted to get you all killed. But you weren’t surprised at this point, men and disappointment were like Ryuk and apples.

The fathers of the detained looked even worse, with Soichiro looking thin and as pale as a ghost as he sat down on a chair where he asked to be detained, and the detective, who had dark circles and has had the same amount of sleep as L.

“What’s going on?” L pondered “I thought that the murders would continue even with both of them detained, but they completely stopped. It seemed like Light wanted to be confined, but this means that he must be Kira. Wait, no, both of them? The question is whether they were conscious of it. Do they think they could get away with the excuse of not being aware of it? It’s not like them, it’s not like Kira”.

~Fifth day of confinement~

You stared at the tiles on the wall, at the corner, the two tiles beside each other were about less than a centimetre above and below each other. “Maybe...he was going through a lot that day and his hand slipped or maybe he was shaking because his dog died in the morning before he came to work” your eyes started to sting as you thought of the man’s childhood dog who had to be put down at the vet in the morning because he was sick and the dog was with him when he almost tried to end his own life because he found out that his best bud was sleeping with his girlfriend. That same best bud that was working beside him with a wedding ring on his finger, the same ring he saw his ex wearing as she shared the results of her being pregnant on social media the day- Fuck. You had lost it. Thankfully, Ryuk’s withdrawal symptoms were quickly approaching, and it was driving you crazy, but it was better than going mad over something that wasn’t real. Normally, you could just leave the room or easily put earbuds in and listen to music, but there was no escape. The only tranquillity you had was when he would go to Light’s cell to complain, but what use would the silence do since you’ll start making up stories again.

Still, no criminal had died, and everyone was losing their minds. The only good thing happening was that Misa was sitting now. Anytime L tried to speak to Soichiro he was always very frantic and jumpy, your father looked almost like a corpse, the only thing he could be calm about was that his wife was staying with Sachiko and that his daughter was still alive.