Chapter 25

Soichiro was in Sakura TV building confronting the manager at gun point demanding the tapes that were airing.

“All this is happening because you’re treating Kira like some celebrity. Don’t youthink it serves you, right?” Soichiro questioned, “hand over all the copies of your tapes! Don’t try anything funny!” Soichiro removed the safety off his gun.

Fearing for his life,  the producer complied.

At last police officers have arrived in front of the Sakura TV building." The same female anchor spoke

“We aren’t alone in this.” Matsuda rejoiced while watching the TV with the rest. “There are still people in the police that will fight against kira”.

“Mr Aizawa, you know Deputy Director Kitamura’s cell phone number, don’t you?”

.......

“Aizawa, I told you not to call me” the Deputy Director answered.

“This is L” Kitamura’s body stiffened hearing L’s voice, “I want you to do something for me......”

Everyone watched as two police officers collapsed as soon as they got out of the cars, and the cameraman and anchor retreated.

“I understand, L.” The Deputy agreed to all his demands after what he just saw, “Please advise me on how to lead them”.

Watari got a phone call from Yagami and gave it to L.

“It’s me” L spoke, “Mr Yagami, so it was you that van”

“Yeah, I just could take it anymore” Yagami admitted, “I’ve confiscated all the tapes, I’ll bring them over to you”

“Chief, how are you doing” The detective took the phone.

“I’m more than fine, I’ve never felt better” he reassured, “So what should I do? I think getting out the front would be dangerous, but maybe I’ll be fine in the van”

“Just wait a minute,” L quickly switched to the other phone in his hand. “Deputy, it was superintendent Yagami who crashed into the station. Are you prepared?”

“As you requested”

He switched the phone another time, “Mr Yagami, please wait five minutes, then use the front entrance”

“The front entrance?” The chief was taken aback, but he decided to trust L. After 5 minutes, Soichiro walked carefully outside. He was shocked to see a colossal barricade and a huge number of officers with their faces covered with shields and even a tarp. He was escorted into a tinted police car and insisted he drove on his own.

The police have turned down Kira’s calls and have shown that they are ready to fight!” A male reporter spoke to the people of Japan (and maybe the world), “I will gather the courage to say this: This is right! This is the right thing to do! This is the right stance that a country under the rule of law should take! My name is Tanakabara Koki. This has been NHN’s Golden News anchor, Tanakabara Koki!

The sound of a door was heard, when everyone turned around they were met with the chief who was being carried by Watari.

“Ryuzaki, I’m sorry for acting on my own” the chief apologised, “My emotions had clouded my judgment. The tapes and envelopes that kira sent are all in here.”

L thanked him for the package, and the detective quickly guided Soichiro to where he would rest.

“Mr Yagami, this won’t be in vain” the ravenette spoke to himself, “The postmark’s from Osaka, but kira can control his victims before they die. He could have had it delivered from Osaka without going there”

“Mr Aizawa, could you take this to the lab”

“I have a lot of contacts in the lab, I’ll be sure to check this out thoroughly” he assured L.

“I shall check the content of the duplicate tapes.

~The morning of the next day~

All detectives came to check up on L, who stayed up all night watching, rewatching and analysing the tapes.

“Ryuzaki, what’s on the tapes?” The detective asked, escorting Soichiro.

“These tapes are very interesting. If the police said yes and cooperated with Kira, tape 3 was supposed to be aired. Tape 3 details the condition for cooperation, basically to broadcast criminals and as proof of this cooperation,  he said that he wanted the top brass from the NPA and L to appear on TV and publicly announce our cooperation".

“If it was a no?” Yagami asked.

“Pretty much the same thing but expressed differently”. He explained, “Mr Yagami, our answer is no right?” he was answered with a nod, “Please allow Sakura TV to air the fourth video”.

Sometime later, the video was broadcast.The Kira logo in black and white was presented to the whole country (or world).

“I think it’s unfortunate that your answer is no. The police have answered that they still wish to fight me. So I will first take the life of the director general of the NPA. Or I may take the life of L, who’s leading the investigation. The director general or L? Whom will you hand out as a sacrificial lamb for not cooperating to create a new world? Please decide in four days.”

~In Light’s Room~

Light was laughing at the whole situation, “God really is on my side. Only this time it’s not God, but a shinigami”.

Ryuk flew over to Light’s bed, “hehe~, light’s really lucky, eh? When one doesn’t want to work another will, huh? Isn’t that right y/n” He whispered, mocking you.

“Ryuk she’s sleeping. Leave her a-“ he turned around to see you awake, “oh you’re awake....y/n?”.

Unknown to Light, you've been awake most of the time. Hearing everything made you....confused? Annoyed?. A tightening feeling in your throat even going down to your chest every time you saw Light smile at what the other kira did, your eyes twitched just thinking about Light putting the new kira over you. You couldn’t let this happen. Your eyes widened as your pupils shrank. “It’s fine, I was here first, right? Yeah it’s me before anyone else. It has to be me!” Your thoughts louder than your surroundings

He came closer to you, pulling your ear, “Hey y/n”

You shook, trying to pry off Light’s hand, “You’ve been spending way too much time with my mom”

“And you spend too much time in my room” his hand still tugging on your ear.

“pfft, I pretty much live here, it’s our room” you sniffed, wiping your nose with your sleeve.

Before light could comprehend, he was pulled face first onto his bed by you.

“Just stay like this”

“First you use me as some sort of vehicle and now this..”

“Mhm” you made light sit on his bed so you could lay on his lap.

“It should be the other way around l/n, get off”

“Nope, you can’t do that, remember I have favours” you stuck your tongue out.

“Oh yeah, how many do you have again?”

“I don’t know.....about twenty four~”

“It’s four, you damn fraud”

“I said four”

“You said twenty four”

“Proof?” You glanced at him only to be replied with silence.

“Wait. Why don’t I have any favours though?” he asked.

“Cause you don’t need any”

“That’s not fair, I thought we fought for justice and equality”

“Smh fine, just one”

“Let’s swap places, or you could stay here, and I get double the favo-”

“Fuck you Yagami” you sat up muttering curses at the brunette.

Light layed his head on your lap. It took you a while to process what was happening but when it did you felt weird, confused but it was alright...to sum it all up you were relieved.

“Y/n what do you think about this new kira”

“Well they definitely have shinigami eyes.....” Your voice quiet as you brushed your fingers through the brunette’s hair drawing little circles once in a while “and obviously admire you... a lot”

“Mh, if I let things just play out, L might be finished within the next four days.”

“Who does that bastard think they are though, how dare they drag Kira’s name through the mud so badly. The idiot turned kira from a god to a mere murderer. I can never forgive them for that. Innocent people were killed Light, normally I couldn’t care less but they used Kira’s name”. A frown resting on your face as you pulled Light’s hair a bit too hard, causing him to wince.

He grabbed your wrist tightly and then moved your hand to intertwine your fingers with his. His hands were surprisingly cold at first but became warm. “It’s true, he dragged down Kira’s image with dirty tactics. If the imposter slips up and is caught, the death note could be discovered, I can’t let him run wild for too long. What we need most right now....is to cooperate with the investigation so I can figure out both L’s and the fake Kira’s moves”.

“I feel like L already knows that, the kira he’s facing isn’t you” you told him.

“Explain”

“For someone who has been obsessing over you and watching you so closely, he would definitely spot the difference, not that it’s well hidden anyway. The only similarity between you and that imposter is that you both possess a death note. The best option is to kill them, but it’s not possible seeing as he has more power than you”.

Light just observed your features, the ghostly light from the television shining on your face with what was being displayed perfectly reflecting in your e/c eyes contrasting his dark room.

“I’ll go help my mom and Sayu make breakfast seeing as your mom and dad still aren’t back yet”.

“I think two people should be able to make food for four” he sat up, wrapping his hands around your waist, making you give out a squeak.

“Ryuk, you should probably go get some apples” he told the shinigami.

“You don’t have to tell me twice” he flew through the wall, going to have his own special moment with your mother’s apples.

Light pulled you even closer. You could feel how warm he was despite his cold hands on your waist, the smell of his cologne clouding your senses. You closed your eyes, ready for his lips to touch yours.

“Light, Y/n breakfast is- damn” soon after you heard a *click* followed by a bright light, making you see red through your eyelids.

“My fucking God(or god) mum! Have you ever heard of knocking!” You yelled embarrassment radiating from you as you hid your face in the crook of Light’s neck.

“Oh sorry, sorry. Go on, continue, no rush at all. I and Sachiko are expecting grand babies soon” she closed the door before you would scream again.

“I’m going downstairs, at least it wasn’t Sayu” you muttered, “and I’m going to delete that picture she took”

Light still gave you a kiss on your lips anyways.
______________

I can assure you that from here shit gets good

Joker🃏| Death Note Fan Fic| Light Yagami X Reader|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें