Chp. 38 - Flash of Lightning

[Alfheim Online, New Aincrad, Floor One Coliseum]

[Malzeno's POV]

No sooner did I leave with a defeat over my head, and a smile on my face, I was nearly dogpiled by the entirety of the Sleeping Knights within the interior of the arena, all of them expressing some level of awe, shock, or joy. 

"That fight... was so AWESOME!!" Jun exclaimed. 

"You guys were like damn monsters out there! Crap, SAO really did just hit different huh?" Nori was laughing hysterically, slapping me sharply on the back for mine and Kirito's performance.

"I had no idea you obtained a weapon as unique as a repeater crossbow...!" Talken eyed the piece slung to my left hip as I switched equipment to pull it out and allow him to inspect it further.

"A right pain in the ass to acquire, yes, truly your appreciation for my efforts fill my shattered pride with joy," I jokingly fawned, hands to my heart. Then I cackled darkly, rubbing my hands together. "And because I betted against myself knowing Blackie would win, I'm even richer cause those morons placed their bets on the wrong horse! Hehehahahaa!"

"What I was taken back by was the new appearance, you look nothing like a Spriggan now," Tecchi pointed out.

"Was this what you and Lizbeth were discussing yesterday?" At Siune's observations I nodded, wagging my finger.

"Precisely, what you're looking at is the temple that survived the death game, equipment near-identical and all--aah... feels great to be back in red," I hugged my biceps, then, drew my eyes to Yuuki who had gave me a bright and excited smile. I thought she'd be disappointed I had lost and wouldn't be there to face her in the finale, but instead, I was awarded with that angelic smile.

 I thought she'd be disappointed I had lost and wouldn't be there to face her in the finale, but instead, I was awarded with that angelic smile

"You definitely look more like yourself now," She answered my uncertain stare, her vermillion eyes meeting my emerald orbs. "I like it,"

"Ah hahaa... you're saying that because you've seen what I really look like," In admitting this, I saw the others look at me with shock as I gave a little bow. "A pleasure meet you as myself--are avatars in SAO were replaced with our actual body types and looks so this is more or less what I look like,"

"I guess if no one really knows what you look like then it's really no issue," Nori hummed, pursing her lips before they curled into a teasing smile, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Aren't you handsome..."

"Please don't do that," I begged-slashed-chuckled, causing the ravenette to snort a laugh. 

"Nori..." Yuuki pouted, though really did try to look annoyed by this. 

"Her joking aside, while there are some changes in ALO, all of us are similar to our real life counterparts," Siune explained, smiling sheepishly as she ran a hand through her light-blue locks. "Although, I'm by far the biggest change compared to the others,"