Chp. 27 - United Duelling

[New Aincrad, Floor 22, Kirito's/Asuna's Cabin]

[Yuuki's POV]

"I... I don't get it?" I think I'm gonna pop a blood vessel. How... does this work? I kept scratching my head, trying to figured out what I was missing. The longer I stared at the sentences in front of me, the further my head started to pound. "I-I just..."

"She's going... she's going..." I didn't even pay attention to whatever Malzeno was saying before I finally lost it, frightening the small pixie that was Asuna's and Kirito's daughter, it... was a pretty crazy story, to be honest. That didn't help my sanity though.

"Aaand she's gone," I then felt a finger poke my cheek as I whined against the hardwood table, drawing my eye to my left to see Malzeno smirking beside me, the adorable jerk was enjoying this

"Aaand she's gone," I then felt a finger poke my cheek as I whined against the hardwood table, drawing my eye to my left to see Malzeno smirking beside me, the adorable jerk was enjoying this... I pouted, looking at the several screens I had scattered with my meltdown as his hand guided them back into view. "So, still love going to school, Cupcake?"

My elbow jabbed him weakly as I whined some more, this was really complicated. "Shaddup, I love it... just really confuses me,"

"You're in the highest form like me, so we're suffering on the Princess' level of work, it's to be expected," He was far too calm about this. I felt him lean closer to me, making me all tingly as he drew my work screen down to me. "Look, it's easy, really. You have to show more effort and detail but the general understanding is covering all topics, think of it like having an argument with yourself, you want to constantly challenge each point against the one you make,"

"Mmhm, Malzeno's right, compare and contrast is really simple at any grade so long as you have that comprehension," Yui was in agreement as I raised my head a bit. 

"So... I just bicker with myself?" I asked them. 

"Exactly, 'course, make it more formal than that, but that's about the size of it," Malzeno nodded, pushing the digital keyboard back to me. "It's not due until the end of the week, don't push it all in one go, it's a big assignment,"

"B-but you got it done in one night?" I complained before he waved a finger knowingly.

"Ah, but I don't believe in sleep patterns," That... really isn't something to be proud of. "Here, I'll start it,"

I watched closely as he typed away so fast without even blinking, his fingers moved across the keyboard quickly, finishing a whole paragraph in seconds, then going back to correct any mistakes. "The key is to structure each section in order, the final section should be the overall conclusion, make it non-biased and summarize each section prior - there,"

"Really well structured, and it doesn't mirror your own work either, avoiding plagiarism or cheating," Yui confirmed for his modest shrug. 

"Th-thank you, Kazuki, you're really good at this," I smiled again, raising my head, we were basically joined at the hip now, but it helped put my frustrations at ease a little. My hand went behind my head, scratching awkwardly. "I guess I just wanted it done and dusted so we can go back to gaming, hehe,"