Chp. 49 - Thus Kindly Scatter

[Gun Gale Online, SBC Glocken, Main Square]

[Malzeno's POV]

The faint smell of gasoline in the air, the dampness of the thin layer of fog that shrouded parts of the city below and afar, it was like I never left. The cyber city, forged around a massive spaceship lies atop the ruins of humanity before, creating a city layered atop itself, rising higher towards the spire, the centerpiece of the city. 

Skyscrapers pierced the heavens, and neon lights and advertisements filled the steel city with colour, amplified by the world's bleak wasteland. The many streets found through dark alleys and a web of pathways and bridges, all converging on the Strip that led from the bottom of the city to the upper-class to the north.

I stood waiting outside the starting point of all newbies, a large circular gazebo with four black pillars holding up the domed roof with neon purple lines to fill the gaps at the top. Another white flash of light drew my gaze to the place that doubled as a respawn point, feeling my eyes tunnel to the brightest thing in Glocken.

"Woaaah~!" Yuuki was speechless, as expected, she's never been to GGO until now, and to the neon city among the wastelands. 

Yuuki's long, purple hair and vermillion eyes never changed, but her outfit was far more fitting for a new player, rather, something I gave her as a welcoming gift to better suit her style, call me pampering but with all Yuuki does for me, it's the least I could do so she didn't feel out of place.

Her outfit was a skin-tight purple shirt, exposing parts of her biceps with two red lines down her torso from under a black breastplate. A pair of purple, fingerless gloves that covered her forearms, a pair black wristbands for each arm. Red combat shorts and a holster on her bare right thigh. Lastly, some black, knee-high socks that melded with her boots and purple kneepads. 

Overall? I whistled. "Man, am I good at fashion choices," I patted myself on the back for this one.

Peeling her eyes away from Glocken to look at me, I saw that glint in her eyes and mischievous smirk form

Peeling her eyes away from Glocken to look at me, I saw that glint in her eyes and mischievous smirk form. "Oooh? Any reason behind my outfit choice, Mal~?" Even fluttering her eyelashes to boot, she's scary good at this.

"Hey, I could've made it skimpy but I have enough self-respect for myself and in you to not do that," I defended, arms crossed. "...you look both cute and badass, Cupcake,"

That drew a delighted smile out from her, hopping over to kiss my exposed cheek. "Thanks a bunch, I'll owe ya for this--but look at you! You look so metal!" She pumped her fists as I stood back to give her a proper look at my attire.

Instead of my brighter colours in ALO, in this game I wore mostly darks. I had a torn cloak with a hood down, marked with the symbol of several arrows in red. My body covered from the neck-down in a sleek armour fitting for an assassin in shades of dark grey to black. As Sinon once described me--A Zer0 cosplayer. Well, I like Zer0 so it stuck.